Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MiniMe Firewire interface  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Wayne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
MiniMe Firewire interface
« on: April 18, 2007, 07:44:13 PM »
Hi All,

I noticed on the Apogee site that they are now shipping firewire cards to replace the USB cars in the Mini series. Has anyone tried one of these yet?

-Wayne

stirinthesauce

Re: MiniMe Firewire interface
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:50:05 PM »
Hi All,

I noticed on the Apogee site that they are now shipping firewire cards to replace the USB cars in the Mini series. Has anyone tried one of these yet?

-Wayne

No but looking forward to it.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 09:54:34 PM »
Hi All,

-Wayne

whats the big thrill?  I can see before there was spdif based portable 24 bit recorders people were using lappys for 24bit, and maybe for dat transfers back in the day but what is the use otherwise?  Then firewire over usb... what is the big thrill there?

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

stirinthesauce

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:50:20 PM »
Hi All,

-Wayne

whats the big thrill?  I can see before there was spdif based portable 24 bit recorders people were using lappys for 24bit, and maybe for dat transfers back in the day but what is the use otherwise?  Then firewire over usb... what is the big thrill there?

Matt

no big thrill, just personal preference   ;) 

Oh, and I still lappy tape in clubs occasionally, when I want to web surf between sets.   ;D

We also offer dat and cassette (and r2r and vhs and high 8 and.....) transfer services so I use the minime in that capacity also.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 10:58:49 PM »
Hi All,

-Wayne

Matt

Oh, and I still lappy tape in clubs occasionally, when I want to web surf between sets.   ;D

We also offer dat and cassette (and r2r and vhs and high 8 and.....) transfer services so I use the minime in that capacity also.
ok as I expected...  ;D  I'm very close to getting a minime.  So far that is the best compliment I have heard for the 930's (thanks to you Jon), and the only thing holding me back is the desire for the perfect all-in-one box or maybe a 4track so I can have another flavor for whatever omni's I end up with.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

stirinthesauce

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 11:06:41 PM »
Hi All,

-Wayne

Matt

ok as I expected...  ;D  I'm very close to getting a minime.  So far that is the best compliment I have heard for the 930's (thanks to you Jon), and the only thing holding me back is the desire for the perfect all-in-one box or maybe a 4track so I can have another flavor for whatever omni's I end up with.

Matt

Well, Matt, I think you are right about this combo.  It is slick!  Got a sample to go in team beyer here shortly.  Simply amazed (again). 

Back to the minime discussion.....

Offline Wayne

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 11:29:18 AM »

Matt

My main interest is that the firewire interface will allow 96 KHz signals while the USB interface is bounded at 48 KHz.

-Wayne

Offline rustoleum

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »

Matt

My main interest is that the firewire interface will allow 96 KHz signals while the USB interface is bounded at 48 KHz.

-Wayne

Exactly... I still tape with a lappy and I can't send a 96khz signal through USB or through my VX Pocket... This Firewire interface would allow that.  I doubt I'm going to take the plunge, but there is definately an advantage to it.

Offline gusbud1

• Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 01:59:30 PM »
Mini-me / apogee how I love thee.
eathworks sr78(L)>rode nt2a (c-omni)>earthworks sr78(R)>sound devices 302>apogee minime 24/96khz s/pidf>tascam hd-p2

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 02:54:48 AM »
Just curious how much to upgrade a used mme?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:57:30 AM by Kindguy »
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 04:28:58 AM »
man... I'm so done with lappy taping.  More power to you guys, but that is a lot pulling a lappy out at a show IMO.  USB has enough bw for 24/96, why not on the minime, and the minime does 24/96 through the coax, doesn't in?

Matt

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 09:11:08 PM »
man... I'm so done with lappy taping.  More power to you guys, but that is a lot pulling a lappy out at a show IMO.  USB has enough bw for 24/96, why not on the minime, and the minime does 24/96 through the coax, doesn't in?

Matt

it does and via the aes/ebu as well. maybe i't a hardware issue? minimes have usb 1.1 -- usb 2.0 has more bw than fw 400...unless they're moving to fw 800?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:51:23 PM by db »
db

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com