Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Compact handheld XLR preamp w phantom?

<< < (2/6) > >>

aaronji:
Apogee One or Duet? I have heard good things about these, but they do need breakout cables...

DSatz:
Niels, if you like the "Micport Pro 2" in general, why would you not use its headphone output as an aux output? The voltage and impedance levels should be OK, and the manual specifically says that this can be done.

Let me mention one other option for a recorder, but only to rule it out: The Tascam DR-10X. It's extremely small and lightweight and has an XLR-3F input. But it has no phantom powering, and its mike preamp is noisy. At its least sensitive input setting (basically line level), it seems to switch into a different circuit configuration in which it has a very usable signal-to-noise ratio. But then you'd need a preamp with phantom powering in order to drive it! I've used it with the Sound Devices MP-1 and it has worked nicely, but it is a bit of a "solution looking for a problem".

--best regards

jerryfreak:
for single channel phantom recorder the Deity HD-TX is hard to beat

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1509136-REG/deity_microphones_hd_tx_24_bit_48_khz_2_4ghz_transmitter_with.html

Niels:
@DSatz @jerryfreak Thanks for bringing up those plug-in recorders. Don't know why I didn't think of those. The HD-TX looks like a swiss army knife and I could probably use it for other things as well.

jerryfreak:

--- Quote from: Niels on May 30, 2020, 03:05:44 AM ---@DSatz @jerryfreak Thanks for bringing up those plug-in recorders. Don't know why I didn't think of those. The HD-TX looks like a swiss army knife and I could probably use it for other things as well.

--- End quote ---
at a design level, all their products are. while i havent seen any use cases of their gear, im pretty sure im not the only one eagerly awaiting the 2-channel transmitter/recorder "BP-TRX'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version