Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HD-P2 and UA5 Time code sync up?  (Read 6207 times)

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
Re: HD-P2 and UA5 Time code sync up?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »
Most V3s have a WC out on them (unless they are opti-moded).

So technically you can do 6ch with the V3 as your master. (AES>coax cable, coax out, and V3 WC out)

If the P2 has bit-clock perfect coax-out, then you might be able to milk another 2 channels and diasy-chain another recorder off of it (or split the signal at the V3 off of the AES out).

Would you use a BNC cable for that?

Yes you can daisy chain P2's.
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »

So technically you can do 6ch with the V3 as your master. (AES>coax cable, coax out, and V3 WC out)

If the P2 has bit-clock perfect coax-out, then you might be able to milk another 2 channels and diasy-chain another recorder off of it (or split the signal at the V3 off of the AES out).

Should be able to use a standard SPDIF coax cable with RCA tips and have a set of RCA>BNC adaptors (like $2 each from B&H). Otherwise yes, you'll need a proper digi-cable with the appropriate ends for whatever your doing.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 04:30:07 PM »
Thanks guys!  Gonna grab some new cables and another bit bucket and give this a try. 
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 04:40:01 PM »
yes, absolutely you can use the word clock out from the V3 (assuming it's not an opti-mod V3).  I never di that, because I never bothered to get BNC > RCA adapters or a BNC to BNC digital cable.  but I already had an AES > coax adapter, so that's what I used to do.

of course, if you go word clock out of the V3 to word clock in on the HD-P2, you would choose "word clock" for the HD-P2 settings, and not the S/PDIF.

yes, both the S/PDIF input and the S/PDIF output on the HD-P2 are bit-perfect.  So you could use the S/PDIF out from one HD-P2 and send it to another to use as the clock source for the 2nd HD-P2.  I've done this in the past as well.

all this HD-P2 sync'ing talk has really reminded me what a great deck the HD-P2 is.  It really gives you a lot of options to work with, more than most decks in this price range do. :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com