Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ever hear of this idea?  (Read 2196 times)

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
ever hear of this idea?
« on: September 14, 2005, 04:46:01 PM »
Funny show--interesting --taper using the coresound binaurals ( I think the "low cost ones", because there's some bass distortion) into a M1, he increases the level setting at each break in the music, so that he can record his and his buddies conversations. They spend a lot of time complaining about the musicianship, which I actually find pretty good. A recent Praxis show, as well as talking about next weeks shows and why a 80 minute concert is too short.  And so then, you also get really extra loud distorted cheering and clapping.

And then he steps on the levels for for the music, so the levels are sort of being continuously reset during the show. Really bothersome.

First time I have heard this method.

I have occasionally recorded a phone number or e-mail from someone during a break in the music so I don’t have to write it down..but then I cut that spot out before mastering it to cd

Offline cdevs

• Taperssection Regular
  • I got a pork roll egg cheese & bacon
Re: ever hear of this idea?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 02:30:05 AM »
Funny show--interesting --taper using the coresound binaurals ( I think the "low cost ones", because there's some bass distortion) into a M1, he increases the level setting at each break in the music, so that he can record his and his buddies conversations. They spend a lot of time complaining about the musicianship, which I actually find pretty good. A recent Praxis show, as well as talking about next weeks shows and why a 80 minute concert is too short.  And so then, you also get really extra loud distorted cheering and clapping.

And then he steps on the levels for for the music, so the levels are sort of being continuously reset during the show. Really bothersome.

First time I have heard this method.

I have occasionally recorded a phone number or e-mail from someone during a break in the music so I don’t have to write it down..but then I cut that spot out before mastering it to cd

What a dillhole.
Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh
Gefell MG300s> Bumblebees> Apogee Mini-MP> Edirol R-09hr

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 10:47:35 AM »
probably had the record level set to "auto".
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 11:07:29 AM »
I'd never do that!  Whenever I tape, I yearn for the moment where I'm confident that the levels are as perfect as they are going to get - after I hit that point, I'm not changing them!   Yes, I am a neurotic level checker, even when stealthing.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline cfbarlow

• Taperssection Regular
  • I can See Audio
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 08:44:57 AM »
Sounds like an auto limiter, obviously he didn't know what was going on.  And I love Praxis, they rock!! 

Offline Dutchman1101

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 11:55:33 AM »
I'd never do that!  Whenever I tape, I yearn for the moment where I'm confident that the levels are as perfect as they are going to get - after I hit that point, I'm not changing them!   Yes, I am a neurotic level checker, even when stealthing.

I'm the exact same way. T+ for the OCD  ;)

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 05:39:57 AM »
What makes you check any levels with your rig?  Don't you just run it full blast since the jb3 gets such low input levels anyway?
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Taperssection Member
  • "Ugh, is that digi noise?"
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 10:41:35 AM »
Eh, it's their tape. Interesting idea, don't think I would do it myself. And I do the same thing as stated a few posts up, get my levels perfect (I run it to the line), and then not touch them after that. And yeah, I love checking my levels, but only because I've had rigs quit on me before and not known it, cables, batteries, tapes, whatever. I just like to make sure that my rig is still rolling.  :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com