Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Korg Audiogate Major Software update for MR-Series Recorders  (Read 7169 times)

Offline rjp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Re: Korg Audiogate Major Software update for MR-Series Recorders
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »
Didn't realize that the ability to play the DSD Discs was so new. I figured most SACD players would work, but that appears not to be the case.

SACD is a very thoroughly locked-down format. You simply can't burn your own SACDs - only the pressing plants have the necessary encryption keys, and (though this seems to be changing based on the above) SACD players won't play unencrypted discs.

Oh well, it's their loss that there's been so little adoption of the format. Besides, 24/96 PCM is overkill as it is... and that can be burned to DVD-Audio (or even DVD-Video via LPLEX). I've used LPLEX with my 24/48 and 24/96 recordings, and it works beautifully.

I wonder who decided that massively locking down SACD was a good idea - Sony or Philips? My money would be on Sony, given their driving need for DRM.
Mics: AKG Perception 170, Naiant X-X, Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2
Preamps: Naiant Littlebox
Recorders: Olympus LS-10
Interfaces: Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »
SACD is not the only DSD format.  We are talking about players that will handle the DSD files output by the Korgs without conversion to PCM.  The only two so far (other than computer plug-ins) are made by......Sony (PSP3 and the new high-end player).

Last year's AES Journal article showing that for playback CD and higher resolution can't be distinguished in blind tests, seems to be matched by a 2004 study in Germany (more restricted in number of subjects) that says the same for CD and SACD.  But for me the big drawbacks of DSD are lack of ways to play and, just as important, lack of editing software. 

Jeff (who has just discovered iZotope RX, a better cough suppressant than codeine)

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 06:05:34 PM »
Can someone send me a registry export of the Audiogate software keys?   My MR-1 is in the shop and Korg told me to go to my nearest dealer with my laptop and hook up to an MR-X there to activate the software.  I have a bunch of WSD's I would like to convert to PCM.

I was having the "Insert your MR-1" everytime issue with Audiogate 2.0.

Please PM me if you can help out.
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline jerazis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • http://www.shnflac.net/index.php
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »
  So how good is the dither and sample rate converter in the Audio gate software. To my knowledge the weis sarcon or what ever it is , is said to be the best. Cant afford that. Had R8brain and I guess thats real good as well, I've seen it compared to some of the wave lab options. So does anyone know where to find the spec. graph for the audio gate dithering?
!!!!!PC AUDIO!!!!
 In the field.... AKG c1000s -> (Edirol m10-dx for the occasional multi mic mix) Shure fp-24-> Korg MR-1
 Play BACK..... Lynx L-22 on board sound card -> ART SLA-100
 Cassette Transfer... Tascam 112 -> Korg MR-1 DFF
 Audio Processing Wave Lab 5.0 with UAD 1
 DAT transfers.... Sony PCM-R300 -> Lynx l22

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 06:22:40 PM »
What happened to the Korg rep that used to post here?
Occasionally....music mics record

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com