Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TASCAM HD-P2 vs ACM 671  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Ace of Dubs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
TASCAM HD-P2 vs ACM 671
« on: November 10, 2005, 08:14:14 AM »
http://www.tascam.com/Products/hdp2.html

While the specs on the site are impressive, I found a lot of my questions unanswered.
I did many google searches but this product is still too new to find any in-depth info.
Anyone here got the inside skinny on this?

Things I am curious about:

- Dynamic range
- Noise Floor
- Specs on Analog Limiter
- Specs on A/D Converters
- Phantom Power Specs

It's finally on the market and I am THIS close to just buying the damn thing!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 09:16:58 AM by Ace of Dubs »

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
Re: TASCAM HD-P2
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 09:03:22 AM »
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline Ace of Dubs

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: TASCAM HD-P2
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 09:16:03 AM »
Yet another:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=51652.0

D'OH!

Mental Note: Search more often!

At least I am not as bad as the guy who posted the exact same title one post right above me.

Still not 100% sold on this unit. Call me superficial, but I just think it's kind of ugly!

looks like its back to ACM671 for me. At least then I can be sure the converters are top notch.

Also...is it my imagination, or is the 671 a tad smaller? Hmm.

EDIT: I changed the title of the thread. Feel free to compare as I will be making my purchase in the next week or so.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 09:19:54 AM by Ace of Dubs »

zowie

Re: TASCAM HD-P2 vs ACM 671
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 11:15:24 AM »
Personally, I'm going to do my best to exercise self-control and hold off on a purchase. I think one or another of the HD-P2, ACM 671, the new Fostex or maybe even that bizarro Sony is going to be a nice replacement for both my laptop and njb rigs.  But I'm set up adequately for the time being so don't want to spend four-figures to be a tester until there's some feedback from the marketplace.  Too much recording gear that sounds perfect from the marketting materials turns out in actual use to have some kind of unanticipated drawback or quirk that makes it undesirable or requires a work around at added expense and/or hassle.

philb

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 11:36:19 AM »
I've been REALLY happy with my Fostex FR-2 (stock from Oade). A great device and very reliable. No problems with both the PCM/CIA drive or CF card. I love the two card slot option (Fostex plans on a firmware update that will mirror drives). The sound quality at 24/48 is awesome and I bet it sounds even better with Oade's mods.

It is too bad that there is very little talk about this device in this forum. It receives very high praise among the film/radio/tv production folks. I would highly recommend this device.

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 11:49:20 AM »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com