Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 Question. I have read the FAQ  (Read 1982 times)

Offline woodybear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Acrobatic Audio
JB3 Question. I have read the FAQ
« on: November 28, 2005, 08:39:03 AM »
I just got my jb3 off of ebay and it looks to be in good condition. I immediatly read all the faq stuff i could find. my problem lies when i go to record. The directions I've read in the faq don't match the options given on my jb3. So i follow the path to record that is there and it starts recording at 44.1. i don;t see any meters and when i stop it, i have recorded silience. i'm running my mxl's>ps-2>jb3. i thought it could have been that the line level was low so i ran it through my soundcraft mixer and still nothing. It has the original firmware so is it possible that the orginal firmware has problems recording. i didn't recieve the usb cable w/ it so i haven't had a chance to update the firmware yet. am i missing something or is my wife right and i am an idiot? any help would be greatly appreciated. otherwise its going back to ebay and i'm grabing a dat. gracias

Also, what type of mini usb does the jb3 take? i have one for a digital camera but its too small.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 09:02:47 AM by woodybear »

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: JB3 Question. I have read the FAQ
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 08:49:13 AM »
Upgrade the firmware to at least 1.20, better yet 1.32 or 1.4x (or whatever's the latest version).
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 10:48:01 AM »
Upgrade the firmware to at least 1.20, better yet 1.32 or 1.4x (or whatever's the latest version).

and, after you do that, you may discover that the mics by themselves do not send a hot enough signal with just the PS-2 for you to get the levels you want. consider using a pre-amp in there, like may an AD-20 or something better.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 10:50:50 AM »
and, after you do that, you may discover that the mics by themselves do not send a hot enough signal with just the PS-2 for you to get the levels you want. consider using a pre-amp in there, like may an AD-20 or something better.

And if you're strapped for cash, a pair of line transformers will provide some nice clean gain at very low cost.  Check the Archive forum for details.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline woodybear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Acrobatic Audio
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 11:16:35 AM »
Thanks fellas +T's to the both of you. I'll let you know what happens.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com