Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So the R-09's out, where does this leave the R-1?  (Read 6916 times)

Offline aberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
So the R-09's out, where does this leave the R-1?
« on: July 04, 2006, 11:07:24 PM »
Given the R-09 is out now, what do you think is the going rate for an R-1 here at TS.com? I *might* have one for sale soon and am looking to do some number crunching with the old budget... any thoughts? $300? $275?

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: So the R-09's out, where does this leave the R-1?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 12:22:13 AM »
I'm in the same boat........I pre-ordered the R-01 and then had a problem with the battery compartment ( I cut/trimmed the battery connections so I didn't need a prybar to swap batteries)..I sent it in for service and got a new one in exchange.... so now I have a brand new R-01 sitting in my bag...I would really hate to part with it.....But we all have our price......I'm just going to hold on to it for now...at least until my inner slut comes out...

Peace,
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 02:21:22 AM »
The biggest difference in features between the R1 and the R-09 are the effects that they took out of the R-09. I'd take it to ebay and hope to find some musician out there that wants the R1 more than the R-09 for this purpose.

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 04:57:43 AM »
isn't the gain control electronic in the R-09 also?  i thought that was the one thing people were bitching about when critiquing the R-09. 
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline pgoelz

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 07:50:38 AM »
No, the gain control on the R1 is a simple ananlog control.  No zipper noise. 

I am in communication with Roland on the R-09 and the zipper noise.... not answer yet other than the fact that theirs does it too. 

Last I saw, the R1 was going for about $350 to $375 on Ebay.  First $350 gets mine, with free shipping and a 500MB CF card.  ;) 

Paul 
Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI USA
Music, model helis and astronomy website:
www.pgoelz.com

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 08:00:31 AM »

I am in communication with Roland on the R-09 and the zipper noise.... not answer yet other than the fact that theirs does it too. 

Last I saw, the R1 was going for about $350 to $375 on Ebay.  First $350 gets mine, with free shipping and a 500MB CF card.  ;) 

Paul 

check out the team michigan thread.   :)
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:51:45 AM »

Paul 

What's goin' on over there? I'll let mine go for $300 probably if the time comes...

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 02:59:14 PM »

If the Burr Brown/TI A/D chip controls the gain in the R-09, how is it analog?
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline tonyvt

• Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 03:03:48 PM »
I sold my barely used R-1 on eBay last month for $299. It sold in a "Buy it Now" auction.

Should have my new R-09 on Friday. ;D
I'm a Bluegrasshole.

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »
I sold my barely used R-1 on eBay last month for $299. It sold in a "Buy it Now" auction.

$300 for the R-1 on ebay is pretty good.. that's what I'll try if I can't figure something out here.

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 03:34:01 PM »

$300 for the R-1 on ebay is pretty good.. that's what I'll try if I can't figure something out here.

Aha. The R01 has more features a musician might use, while the R09 is stripped down just for tapirs...

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »

Paul 

What's goin' on over there? I'll let mine go for $300 probably if the time comes...

Sorry, I was telling Paul to come visit the thread, as he says in his sig that he's from Michigan.  Haven't seen him in the thread yet.

In other words, I was hi-jacking your thread.  However, I'm quite interested in the content, as I will probably want to move my R1 as well.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 04:50:34 PM »
One advantage the R1 has - already widely available CF card media.

After stocking up on compact flash between my Microtrack and R1, I'm n no rush to start buying SD cards...which are more expensive, and not available in as large size cards.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
    • My Recordings
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 05:22:56 PM »
After stocking up on compact flash between my Microtrack and R1, I'm n no rush to start buying SD cards...which are more expensive, and not available in as large size cards.

I thought SD was cheaper? I've seen 2GB cards as low at $39 at Frys and 4GB as low as $80 without the rebate (which is $15).
Retired Taper

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 03:30:02 AM »
so the gain control on the R9 adds noise?  who the hell wants to deal with that BS?  why don't they test these products before release?  i'd love to own an R9 if it was as problem free and reliable as my R1.  i'll wait until some of you other folks field test theirs to death before I take the plunge.  i'd just be curious if the jump from 44.1 to 48 is going to make any audible differance in quality....aka someone needs to do a Y-cable side-by-side with a stock R1 and R9!
Really not very evil at all now...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com