Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How does mA correlate to MT battery life?  (Read 2064 times)

Offline bewildered

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
How does mA correlate to MT battery life?
« on: October 08, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »
Logic tells me that a mic pulling 8mA is going to kill the battery 4x faster than a mic pulling 2mA. Provided this is correct, can i get a starting point as to what mic mA will give me what battery life provided that no other power sucking features or plugins are being used?

Offline bewildered

• Taperssection Regular
Re: How does mA correlate to MT battery life?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 01:00:19 PM »
no one can tell me what mA their mic pulls and how much life their MT has if the mic is being used throughout its charge? Im thinking if we can get two or more replies of differring mA's it might give a general answer to my question.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 04:55:42 PM »
no one can tell me what mA their mic pulls and how much life their MT has if the mic is being used throughout its charge? Im thinking if we can get two or more replies of differring mA's it might give a general answer to my question.

I'm out of my area of expertise :-X, but the mics send signal, they do not pull signal. I cannot see one mic or two making any difference in the MT's battery life. I have never seen this addressed, and that is probably why. Most good mics need a battery box or some sort of external power to strengthen the signal. If you use phantom power supplied by the MT that will surely lessen the battery life because the power to run the mics comes from the recorder, but one or two mics will not change how much power the MT is supplying.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 07:41:14 PM »
In general if a mic dissipates 4 times as much power as some other mic, it does not mean that your MT battery will drain 4 times as fast.  The drain on your MT battery is likely to be dominated by the display illumination, the processor and the memory devices.  So while you should see less battery life with a hungrier mic, you shouldn't see your battery life cut as drastically as what you are thinking.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline bewildered

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 04:58:41 PM »
ah ok, thats good enough for me.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com