Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tekkeon My Power MP3450  (Read 29809 times)

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Tekkeon My Power MP3450
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 09:55:57 PM »
According to their FAQ - 4 hours.

Thanks for the recall links. The one I got from ebay last month is one of those recalled.

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »
4 hours to charge, thank you, :-* I completely missed their FAQ's but found the recall info while searching.

link to their FAQ's  ---> http://www.tekkeon.com/products-mypall-faq.html
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline MULETAPER

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • ~Find Love Thru Music and Share It~
    • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 11:36:53 PM »
glad I saw this mine new ones a recall... ::) sent for return I got mine thru amazon...
Beyerdynamic MC930's>Neumann KM184s>Tascam DR-680

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »

Thanks for the recall links.  I'm sure that a couple of mine will be covered by the recall!!

:coolguy:

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 11:28:05 AM »
My 3450i-R2 arrived last night. Paired with my 722, and set to 11v, it used about half of the capacity (3 lights gone) in 6 hrs with P48 (mics rated to draw 4.6ma), backlight on, both CF/HDD recording at 24/44.1, but no internal battery trying to draw a charge. So I reckon it might realistically get about 10hrs before I hit the last 10% of the battery. If I was desperate, I could run it at 10v for the extra time bonus (an hr maybe?), but the low battery light flashes all the time since you don't truely get 10v (the box reports 9.8 or something).
Anyone notice that the literature online for capacity lights doesn't match what is printed in the manual? I based the above on the more conservative of the two (and shaved about 10% off).

Last night, I was charging my phone off of the 5v USB output and about an hour after starting the charge, the tekkeon starts beeping at me (low battery). I thought it was strange since I hadn't used much for the 722 test. Hit the light and sure enough it was almost dead. For giggles, I charged it fully and then overnight, ran it all the way. Woke up this morning and it had recorded (same scenario as above) for just over 7 hours before turning off (7hrs and 2 minutes or so). So a couple of notes:

1) Tekkeon lists an mah capacity on their site by voltage (and they look hideously low compared to user reports). As best I can tell, this figure *is* accurate based on other battery usage I've gotten.
2) At 6hrs of usage, I had used 3 lights with a bunch remaining (so it was reporting almost 50% remaining), but based on the mah reports on their site, it *should* run out in that next hour (and did). So it appears that the light readout on the units is really inaccurate:-X

Just beware in the event of budgeting power for long runs, it doesn't appear that you don't have as much power as you think you do when referencing the light read outs.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »
Yep i have two, powering a minime, V3 and MT II. i use one to power V3, Microtrac, the other to power the Minime. I was at High Sierra this year and had my minime tekkeon die on me. Ya there were alot of factors involved apparently according to apogee i should be running it at 12v, i was running at 6. it was really hot during the day thus contributing to the draining of the battery im sure. Im not too sure how many hours i got, id say 5 i guess, not alot, or under.

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »

Thanks for the recall links.  I'm sure that a couple of mine will be covered by the recall!!

:coolguy:

None of my 3450's were in the recall zone, but now I'm a little nervous about the 2 new batteries I snagged for the $75 apiece eBay steal last month.  It sounds like some of you got batteries from the same eBay auction as me and they were recall material.

Model Number
 First Ship Date
 Serial Number Range

MP3450
 10/15/09
 345D09090001 – 345D09090600 

345D10010001 – 345D10010500 

345D10020531 – 345D10020656

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:46:55 AM by dactylus »

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 12:31:40 PM »
Mine was from that ebay auction and it was a recall battery. It was in the middle of this run - 345D10010001 – 345D10010500. Tekkeon sent a replacement and a call tag (fancy term for a pre-addressed, prepaid label) so the swap couldn't have been any easier.

If you read some of the links about the recall, Tekkeon had received one (1) report of a battery having problems. That one report prompted the recall. From what few details I remember I thought when I read it that it might have been user error that caused the problem - but I'm probably wrong about that. Why several different lots were recalled and not others I don't know. Haven't used the replacement yet but had used the recalled battery about half a dozen times and recharged it at least four and I had no problems with it. Hope the recall is more precautionary than anything else.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:42:09 PM by flipp »

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
Mine was from that ebay auction and it was a recall battery. It was in the middle of this run - 345D10010001 – 345D10010500. Tekkeon sent a replacement and a call tag (fancy term for a pre-addressed, prepaid label) so the swap couldn't have been any easier.

If you read some of the links about the recall, Tekkeon had received one (1) report of a battery having problems. That one report prompted the recall. Why several different lots were recalled and not others I don't know. Haven't used the replacement yet but had used the recalled battery about half a dozen times and recharged it at least four and I had no problems with it. Hope the recall is more precautionary than anything else.

Both of my eBay batteries fell within this range:  345D10030700 - 345D10030750 so I guess that I'm OK.  Just checking!!

;)

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »
I ended up ordering one up from Amazon recently, it falls well outside the recall ranges had a number of:  345D1006xxxxx
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »
I ended up ordering one up from Amazon recently, it falls well outside the recall ranges had a number of:  345D1006xxxxx

Thanks.

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »

you'll be glad to know that the replacement Tekkeon sent also had a serial number of 345D1006xxxx

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 09:19:50 AM »
If you read some of the links about the recall, Tekkeon had received one (1) report of a battery having problems. That one report prompted the recall. From what few details I remember I thought when I read it that it might have been user error that caused the problem - but I'm probably wrong about that. Why several different lots were recalled and not others I don't know. Haven't used the replacement yet but had used the recalled battery about half a dozen times and recharged it at least four and I had no problems with it. Hope the recall is more precautionary than anything else.

I have two of the 3450i batteries, and am very happy with Tekkeon service and recall policy.  Unless I was the only one with an issue, though, I think there was a real problem, which they addressed admirably.  [Adding in edit: mine did not overheat or damage furnishings, so it was additional to the one mentioned in the link above]

I bought a 3450i from Amazon.  It got a small bump early in its use, which Tekkeon told me should not be an issue (it fell ~1 1/2 foot onto a rug, about like having your rig bag bump into a seat when you turn, no marks or dents).  On recharging, the internal cell expanded and pulled apart the housing like an accordion.  I sent it back to Tekkeon, who sent me a new cell, and I bought a second one from them.  Both of these cells direct from Tekkeon were in the recall range, and have now been replaced.  I give them only occassional use, but they have done fine.

Jeff
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:24:15 PM by WiFiJeff »

Offline thekittycatt

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
I started a thread about the tekkeon with V3 & V2.(http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=142412.0)  I figured I would move it here.

"How long does the tekkeon 3450 last with a V3 &/or V2? "  - me

Quote from: tyedyejon on January 24, 2011, 02:40:35 PM

4-6hours max. con... no warning when battery dies. i would buy 2 not the extended battery. i plan to buy the 3450i next.

from Page
"correct, you won't see the warning on the grace because the tekkeon's hold their quoted charge till the end instead of a steady decrease like some other batteries, but if you hold the battery up to your head, you'll hear it beep periodically (it's like once every 2 seconds or something). Second, the mah rating that is published on the website is correct based on my tests with the 3450i, but the little lights that light up when you press on the battery are not. As best I can tell, I have a half-full battery when 1 of the 8 lights goes off, and it's a rapid decent after that. Any more then 3 lights off and I'd switch batteries.

Last, why not get the extended battery? I guess if you need 2 batteries (1 for the recorder and 1 for the amp), then that makes sense, otherwise the extender is cheaper. Have you had problems with it?" 

Quote from: tyedyejon on January 24, 2011, 02:40:35 PM

4-6hours max. con... no warning when battery dies. i would buy 2 not the extended battery. i plan to buy the 3450i next.

4-6 with a V3 or V2.  I have both and want to get one for each.

Page,

Do you use yours with a V3 or V2?  Or do you use it on something else?  - me

from Page
have 2 friends who do, one with each and they love them, especially since they can switch the voltages depending on what they choose to run that day (same reason I like mine; 722, sax, or my laptop, it's happy with any of them). My comments were primarily from tests I'd run, once you find out the mah draw, look at tekkeon's website, knock of 20% for safety and you'll get really close to that for your run time. The draw for the V3 with digital turned on is like 1000mah, and it drops as you start turning stuff off like ANSR and the digital outs. I can't remember what the V2's draw is, sorry.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:09:45 PM by thekittycatt »

Offline jsfrank

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 01:39:29 PM »
Anyone having problems with their MP3450's? The one I got from Grace Design with their system died a couple of months ago. The two that I got from Amazon are taking a charge, but they are now stopping during the middle of sets. The battery appears to be dead then when I go to charge them they come back to life. I just talked to Chris at Tekkeon about getting them fixed or replaced.

This came to a head at the Electric Forest Festival on Saturday night. One of them had worked fine for the Ragbirds set and the last part of REO I recorded. It then died in the first set of SCI and the other one died during the 2nd set. Oh well, at least Sunday it gave me a chance to screw around with my Olympus LS-11. I could get used to how easy it is to break down the "rig" after using that!
Austrian Audio OC818 > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.124 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com