Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sonosax Firmware Update Problems  (Read 2772 times)

Offline old and in the way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Sonosax Firmware Update Problems
« on: March 19, 2022, 09:40:45 AM »
So I've been trying to update my M2D2's And am having no luck .Downloaded and put to the root of a sdcard . Put SXM2D2 in service mode plugged in card reader with updated firmware and nothing will come up. Try'd and try'd everything i Know and still nothing .One is V1.3 And the Other is V.4 . They all Work fine just can't seem to update them . I'm Using a Macbook pro which is current on it's version .Help?

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: Sonosax Firmware Update Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 10:56:25 AM »
So I've been trying to update my M2D2's And am having no luck .Downloaded and put to the root of a sdcard . Put SXM2D2 in service mode plugged in card reader with updated firmware and nothing will come up. Try'd and try'd everything i Know and still nothing .One is V1.3 And the Other is V.4 . They all Work fine just can't seem to update them . I'm Using a Macbook pro which is current on it's version .Help?

Ive never updated mine but the manual doesnt make mention of a card reader. it says USB key

I know ive had issues with readers being recognized properly on devices if you are using a reader and not a usb stick

https://sonosax.ch/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Sonosax_SX-M2D2_User_Manual_v1.2.1.pdf

Page 31
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 12:27:11 PM »

Ive never updated mine but the manual doesnt make mention of a card reader. it says USB key

I know ive had issues with readers being recognized properly on devices if you are using a reader and not a usb stick

https://sonosax.ch/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Sonosax_SX-M2D2_User_Manual_v1.2.1.pdf

Page 31

Ok so i ordered a sandisk key that has usbc and usba we will see if that does it .

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 02:33:45 PM »
Success ! Used a Sandisk dual drive stick . One end is a usb and the other end is a usbc . Version 1.5  now loaded .

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 03:54:26 PM »
Success ! Used a Sandisk dual drive stick . One end is a usb and the other end is a usbc . Version 1.5  now loaded .

Awesome glad it worked out. I will have to go that route in short time
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com