Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ua-5 rca mod  (Read 7160 times)

DaryanLenz

• Trade Count: (0)
ua-5 rca mod
« on: October 16, 2003, 05:37:36 PM »
snagged from oade...

I've recently had the opportunity to do a couple of sbd+aud matrixes with the UA-5. I prefer to keep the unit in a laptop-style bag, which makes the level control knob on the back of the unit nearly impossible to reach, especially if you have cables hooked up.
I went to my local hardware store and found a cheap, effective way to greatly increase access. I found a 1-1/2" 10-32 wellnut that will slip onto, and off of, the UA-5's level control knob without any difficult or permanent modification.
I looked all over the web for a photo, and this link should take you there, in case you don't know what a wellnut looks like.
http://faq.f650.com/GSFAQs/WellnutFAQ.htm
As you can see, there is a thread side and a flange side. The flange side will slip easily onto the level control knob, but hold snugly enough to turn the knob. The longer the wellnut the better. All that's left is to mark the wellnut and align with the level control knob. The marking needs to be tactile so you can do it by feel, not sight. Hope some of you find this useful, or if you've found a better way, I'd love to hear it.

Offline jewgrass

• Taperssection Regular
  • Let's hear it for my band, Sexual Chocolate!
    • My concert pics
Re:ua-5 rca mod
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 08:56:41 PM »
Cool, I've been wanting to do something similar.

+T!
"There's really only 3 kinds of beer in the world.  Warm beer.  Cold beer.  And NO beer."

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 12:41:39 AM »
great idea, im on it

Offline rustle

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 03:57:48 AM »
Very cool. Never heard of a wellnut, but now I'm looking for ways to use one.

"Once in a while you can get shone the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J. Garcia, R. Hunter

“Physical discomfort is important only when the mood is wrong. Then you fasten on to whatever thing is uncomfortable and call that the cause. But if the mood is right, then physical discomfort doesn't mean much.” - Robert Pirsig, author, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.158 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com