Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Prototype of a custom preamp.. I thought you guys might want to look at this  (Read 3586 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
I had a request for a mono input preamp with 4 mono inputs and one summed stereo output so this is what I built.

Its got 3 levels of gain per channel with a variable output so that the output can be mixed.. there are two stereo high pass filters for each "set" of inputs. and an on/off switch. When an input is not being used you simply turn it's output level to the off position and it takes the output of that channels preamp out of the circuit to reduce noise. Kinda like a mute switch on a recording console..
Each input has 10 volts of plug in power as well.
This preamp operates on two 9 volt batteries.

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
Looks nice Chris! thing looks like a tank!
 Do you fabricate the face/case yourself?

Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline Church-Audio

Looks nice Chris! thing looks like a tank!
 Do you fabricate the face/case yourself?

The face was fabricated by me.. But the case is an off the shelf hammond product.. And the cases are very solidly built..
Chris

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
Looks killer. Do you have an ETA on offering these to the masses?  So technically you could run CA cards and omnis into your bit bucket.

Offline Church-Audio

Looks killer. Do you have an ETA on offering these to the masses?  So technically you could run CA cards and omnis into your bit bucket.

There is no A-D converter on board its simply an analog preamp. I did not really want to offer this to the public but if there is enough interest maybe I will. I did not really want to turn this thread into a "sales" opportunity I just wanted to give you guys a look at some of the things I have done in the last little while.

I hope you dont misunderstand my response and take it as a negative one.. :) I am not trying to be rude.

Chris

Online yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
Pretty sweet...  I bet you could market it if ya want to!!!  Same specs as your 9100?  Or something completely different?  Keep it up!!!
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline blindman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Ut!
    • Taper Stuff @ Fecundswamp
Nice looking preamp.

I bet you might get a market for 4 channel preamps in the next couple years... I bet someone will come out with an R9 sized 4 channel consumer grade deck in the next 2 years.

After reading that MIXY post, that would be another cool product for you... a Church Audio M/S mic with a mini decoder box to match.

thanx for sharing the pic.
Then: Nakamichi CM300/CP-1/2/4 + Soundboard -> Audio-Technica AT4462 -> Sony TC-D5M
Now: Avantone CK-40 + Avantone CK-1 (Busman MOD) -> BusR4 (T+NF Mods)
Backup/Stealth: Sennheiser MKE > CA-9100 > Tascam DR2D

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
Nice looking box, Chris.
Thanks for sharing.
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
neato  -

One observation - looks like the inputs, knobs and switches are really close together? - might just be the photo...

Chris - what is the feasibility of each channel having its own peak light? - I hate those one light set ups like the old Sony D5 Cassette recorders and the UA5...I mean - how do you know what channel is peaking?

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....

I was wondering what would move me from 3 mics to four ----------- niiiiiice, Chris!   ;D  :D :D ;D

BTW -- the ST-20 I got from you eons ago is still running like a champ.

I thought the US and Canadian dollars were at par just *aboot* ten days ago........whut happened??
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com