Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tree cheers for Rode's German importers  (Read 2105 times)

Offline fotoralf.be

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • fotoralf.be
Tree cheers for Rode's German importers
« on: November 06, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »
Bought a pair of NT-2As, a few weeks ago, and on the first outing the little zipper pull of the pouch fell off making opening and closing a fingernail-splitting exercise. Saw my local dealer (spent a few thousand on various equipment there, in the last 12 monts) and got a right royal brushing-off: pouches weren't covered by the warranty the guy said. Hmmpfff...  That'll be it for Music Store in Cologne, now.

So, I phoned Rode's German importer and told them about my prob. The service technician immediately offered to send me a new pouch free of charge. When I mentioned that I had a few scratches on one of the two mics and if they were possibly a little delicate to handle, he also suggested he'd send me a new housing for the mic, also free of charge. I admit, I was floored.

Everything arrived today and there is no doubt here about the brand of the SDCs I'll be buying next.  :-)

Three cheers for Rode!

Ralf

Photography and industrial audioscapes from Western Europe. - Sound examples: http://aporee.org/maps/projects/fotoralf - Blog (German): http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Tree cheers for Rode's German importers
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 02:13:28 AM »
I hope you go by the dealer and have a chat with the manager.  I am sure he would be interested to know how poorly you were treated, and how the mfr treated you. 
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline digifish_music

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
Re: Tree cheers for Rode's German importers
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »
Bought a pair of NT-2As, a few weeks ago... When I mentioned that I had a few scratches on one of the two mics and if they were possibly a little delicate to handle, he also suggested he'd send me a new housing for the mic, also free of charge. I admit, I was floored.

Everything arrived today and there is no doubt here about the brand of the SDCs I'll be buying next.  :-)

Three cheers for Rode!

That's the effect of company philosophy, after talking to tech support about suspensions for an NT4 they sent me some for free so I could experiment. The 10 yr guarantee is also excellent. If for example you send a mic in with a dent they will fix it free of charge...I always look first in the rode catalogue for mics because they are customer focussed.

digifish 
- What's this knob do?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com