Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Trial Soundforge  (Read 5806 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Trial Soundforge
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2004, 11:06:52 AM »
zowie, the post that was above is no longer there- there was a post to an illegal download of a full version

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2004, 11:11:55 AM »
I use Soundforge all the time, and I feel that SF7 is quite a bit slower than SF6, with the only additions being automation and new level meter choices...in this case(imo) the cons FAR outway the pros

the water's clean and innocent

jpschust

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2004, 11:34:46 AM »
you know i havent noticed it being any slower, but im on a dual p4, so i think the difference would probably be pretty negligable

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2004, 04:06:10 PM »
dont apologize, remove the content of your post

Can anyone say free speech.  I see no reason information should not be posted.  The decision on using the information should be left to the reader.
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

jpschust

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2004, 04:07:35 PM »
dont apologize, remove the content of your post

Can anyone say free speech.  I see no reason information should not be posted.  The decision on using the information should be left to the reader.

yah but this is illegal

it puts the board at risk

if you wanna go pirate software thats your deal, but keep the board out of it.  there is no reason for us to put the board in any sort of harms way for this.

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2004, 04:20:16 PM »
So should all references to drugs be eliminated from this site.  I guess all the copyrighted material used in avatars should be eliminated and all quotes should be properly credited and footnoted.  Last time I checked information was not illegal.  Using the information to break the law is.  In my opinion it should be left to the reader to decide what is right or wrong.  I don't think simply posting information could get this site into trouble, but I could be wrong.  Oh well that's enough ranting for me today.

By the way I don't pirate software, but I thought I would just stick my nose in anyway.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 04:21:43 PM by wp420247 »
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

jpschust

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2004, 04:24:17 PM »
here's the difference- stuff like posting on how to pirate software is what gets sites shut down pretty regularly whereas all the other things, while not unimportant, really dont tend to get sites shut down unless used for commercial purposes.  

im not a big fan of the drug content to the board myself, but thats another issue.  what im really concerned with is seeing that the board is protected.

BobW

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2004, 10:43:31 PM »
I agree with JP.
Posts on this board should stay legal. Pointing to pirate sites is technically illegal. I'd hate to see TS.com clamped.

What I just can't phathom is why a search for "<software name> & crack & warez" will get you all you want from almost any search engine.

Just the same, many a good site has been busted for less......
rootshell to name one.

The other thing worth mentioning is that cracked software may contain some nasty little extras that you don't want running on your machine, like zombieware and backdoor clients.

Sometimes you get more than you don't pay for........

Offline phishmarisol

• Taperssection Regular
  • Team MP3 Baby
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2004, 11:14:09 PM »
Free speech does not apply to private places like this.  Read the Constitution and get a clue.

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2004, 12:06:25 PM »
Free speech does not apply to private places like this.  Read the Constitution and get a clue.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Now while this forum may be private the concern was that this site could get in trouble for printing information about where to locate pirate or cracked software.  It was my understanding that this site could not be held accountable for what others do with the information contained here due to protection under the first amendment.  

jpschust

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2004, 06:58:26 PM »

Now while this forum may be private the concern was that this site could get in trouble for printing information about where to locate pirate or cracked software.  It was my understanding that this site could not be held accountable for what others do with the information contained here due to protection under the first amendment.  

This actually isn't true.  The site, aka Brian, can be held responsable for the posts that occur on the board.  Sites get shut down all the time for stuff like this.  Not only that, I can almost garuntee its agains the TOS set forth by the web provider.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com