Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Send files through AIM?  (Read 2442 times)

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am a real American
Send files through AIM?
« on: February 22, 2004, 10:01:29 PM »
I use a program called trillian for my AIM.  I can't seem to send files through AIM to other people.  Is there something with my firewall that could be an issue.  I use tiny personal firewall and i have  linksys router.  I dont think its the recieving persons firewall cause it doesn't work with anyone.  Thoughts?

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re:Send files through AIM?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 10:36:27 PM »
I believe AIM doesn't support file transfers... Its there in Trillian because other IM protocols allow it, just not AOL's
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 12:23:44 AM »
no, aim has file transfer capabilities, and i think i have been able to transfer files through trillian's aim client as well...it could be your firewall...you might need to open certain ports, thought i'm not sure what aim uses or if that is the case at all.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline teamakg

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 04:07:38 PM »
AIM just recently(last 2 weeks) released a new version.  possibly a version conflict with the older version of trillian.

Offline King Crimson

• Deez Nutz
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 04:09:08 PM »
AIM just recently(last 2 weeks) released a new version.  possibly a version conflict with the older version of trillian.

yeah this is the problem...i cant send to people with a different verison of AIM.
I'll have a bloody mary, a steak sandwich and...a steak sandwhich.

Offline Trey Batson

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 12:36:25 PM »
Sometimes I have problems connecting to other people.  Sometimes I can work around it by playing around with the AIM firewall settings, which can be found under "file transfer" or "file sharing" of preferences.  There are three different options for the firewall:  "incoming, outgoing, and AOL proxy server," "outgoing and AOL proxy server," and "AOL proxy server only."  For people on the campus network, I keep it set to the first option and can send stuff at around 5 mbps.  For people not on the network, I usually have to switch it to the 2nd setting to be able to even connect to them.

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 12:58:16 PM »
do a direct connect through aim
481(3)>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com