Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: headphone amp?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
headphone amp?
« on: February 23, 2004, 03:42:26 PM »
I searched about 8 different searches, man I suck at that....can any one tell me if there is something i can run between my UA5 and my heaphones to boost the signal?  I haven't needed this before, but I am wanting to start experimenting with matrix, and I KNOW my headphones are not loud enough in the two bars here.  Thanks for the help.  I prefer cheaper as Im always on a tight budget!
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:headphone amp?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 03:44:10 PM »
there is some stuff i believe in the playback section

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 03:47:05 PM »
There are a couple posts in the Playback forum about headphone amps.  But I don't recommend running a headphone amp to get output high enough to out-LOUD the PA - great way to damage your ears permanently.  Best bet for this sorta thing is in-ear 'phones.

Etymotic makes some reasonably affordable earphones - the ER6 - for around $100.  If that's too much cash, someone posted on here about modding Koss earphones so they have a better seal than stock - great inexpensive option that'll save your hearing.

Check out the Advanced Search thread pinned to the top of the Open or Archival Info forums for some tips on searching.  The default values for some of the search options need to be adjusted.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 06:43:13 PM »
what Brian said!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 07:05:04 PM »
Totally ghetto here, but I bought a "boostaroo" (google it).  It is meant for gameboys and such, but it does amplify your signal...  Its not the best (180 - its the worst), but it was only $20 and let's me hear my Matrix...

I also use the UA5 at my local bar...  I don't recommend listening for long periods of time (hearing loss), but it should be enough to let you get an idea of what you're taping...

I also take my NJB3 outside during break and listen there in the quiet...  I don't need the boostaroo there, though...

Good luck!  And let us know how those MATs come out!

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline LeftoverSammy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • MG's FUCKIN' A!!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 09:50:02 PM »
When I used my MX-100 & UA-5 I ended having to buy a headphone amp as well to hear the three channel mixing & with my SD-280's I couldn't hear shit with the UA-5 (not only that but the UA-5 headphone jack sounds like crap).

I ended getting an AirHead headphone amp. It also has this audio immage processor that is suppose to inhance the sound characteristics. Anyway it puts out a crazy amount of power and will provide PLENTY of volume to your headphones in any concert condition.

Only drawback is that they are somewhat spendy. I paid about $65 for mine used. New I think they are well over $100!! Very clean sounding and works great!! Type "AirHead Headphone Amp" in Google or Yahoo. There is a website you can check out.

WARNING: As someone else pointed out a good headphone amp WILL damage your hearing overtime.  Use only for mixing or setting your levels. Don't listen to the whole show with them.....(that cracks me up when I see tapers do that).

L8tr,
LoS

Microtech Gefell SMS2000's (M20 & M21 caps) > Luminous Audio Monarch II's or Audio Magic Silvers > MixPre 3
Grace Designs V3
Marantz PMD661
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiod mics > Battbox> Tascam DR-7

Former Nak CM300 & CM700 Vet (CP1, CP2, CP3 & CP4 caps), MX-100

Its 420.....24/7.....365!! :-)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com