Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sonicase Bag Tips  (Read 6262 times)

Offline Dutchman1101

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
Sonicase Bag Tips
« on: August 16, 2007, 02:51:31 PM »
I just got a Sonicase bag and was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips for me. I know it's not like there is much to them but maybe someone has figured something cool out :)

Harrison

Offline bhtoque

• Trade Count: (3)
  • So much music, so little time.
Re: Sonicase Bag Tips
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 03:57:06 PM »
scotchguard the fucker

JAson
MG 200/210/270
AKG c422>s42>Hydra silver interconnects
AKG 391/92/93>MK 90/3 actives
>AM Hyper-Conductors
Studio Projects LSD2>MiAGi II
>Edirol R-4 (Oade T Mod)

db.etree.org/bhtoque

Offline philR

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:58:40 PM »
I just got a Sonicase bag and was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips for me. I know it's not like there is much to them but maybe someone has figured something cool out :)

Harrison

damn, harrison, it's just a bag...can't you figure anything out on your own?   ;)
Neumann AK40 > LC3KA > KM100 > V2 > 744t

Offline sheffield

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »
for my rig i use the second self for my 722 so the cables will come out the side for the V3 that is velcrowed to the top self a bit out so its is ease to see the levels on the V3.  The bottom self i use to fit  my li-ion batteries and my micrphone cases.  I will try to post some pics later, the accessorie pouch comes in handy as well.                    sheffield
dpa4023's > V3 > ExcaliburII XLR'S > SD722 --ALL STOLEN

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 05:09:28 PM »

Harrison

damn, harrison, it's just a bag...can't you figure anything out on your own?   ;)

:flipa:  ;) :P

Thanks for the tips guys! I thought about that scotch guard thing as soon as I got it. I'm def. going to do that.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:12:11 PM by Dutchman1101 »

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 05:48:16 PM »
I bought tiny carabiners to put through the elastic loops to helps reinforce them. 

I also still have the cage I built for mine.  I fits a UA5 in the center slot (over the bottom access).  It could easily be modified - its only being held together by nylon ties.

If you want, I can mail you the cage... I use a different bag now...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline trajhip2000

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 07:21:13 PM »

Harrison

Make sure before you pick it up full of gear that the Velcro on the bottom (and sides too I guess) is actually sealed (or closed, or whatever term applies to Velcro...), in the heat of the moment it's a little too easy to think everything's closed up tight when it's not... Also, along the same lines, I have had the clips holding the strap to the bag come unclipped a couple times while I was carrying it, probably cause they got pushed against something, now I wrap gaffer's tape around them

I came very close to selling mine several times, but it always seemed like there was another one available in the Yard Sale and I didn't want to compete - luckily I didn't, cause I got a 744T and it works great for that plus a V3, a couple Li-ions and a Schoeps box.

Steve

Offline sheffield

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 07:32:22 PM »
here's the pics

Offline sheffield

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 07:34:57 PM »
1 one

Offline jhfinn

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »
hey harrison,

Since I always use my active cables I put the cmc6's in the slit in the rear of the case and have a set of shorty xlr's connecting them to the preamp inside the bag.The actives exit the other side of the slit.I was worried about the bodies hitting eachother or getting knocked into.Quick trip to homedepot and I found some replacement foam used for paint rollers that fit the bodies perfect.Ive used it like this for a few years now and never a problem.Cables always stay connected so its quick to setup and breakdown.Bodies dont have a single scratch on them.
Not sure if you always use your actives but this works well for me.Gives me a little extra room inside the case for everything else.
Took a couple pics.Didnt take a picture with them fully inside but trust me they fit inside the rear slit with room  to spare.Would never know they're back there.
regards,
Jim
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:08:38 PM by jhfinn »
Mics:Neumann KM150x2...LC3KA actives x4
Pres:Audioroot Femto(L)
Recorders: Edirol R44/Sony PCM-D50
Retired: Sony D10pro2 modified/ Sony TCD-D8

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 12:33:18 AM »
I know ya'll have the 722 in the sonicase bag and all, but I would be WORRIED SICK just having it sitting in JUST the sonicase. I put my 722 in the Portabrace AR-7(the PB bag MADE for the 722) the day I got the 722 (Teddy sent me the PB bag setup before I even had the 722 8) ) and it hasnt been removed since the day I got it and most likely never will leave that AR-7 PB bag. worth EVERY penny. its like a double protection, because when I use my other bag setups, the 722 still resides in the PB AR-7. I am VERY anal about that shit, and when I see a 722 just sitting in a nova or a sonicase without being in a bag MADE for the 722(hint, hint, get an AR-7 ragardless of the sonicase or not), it kind of freaks me out :) I will NEVER take the 722 out of that PB bag. even if I had a sonicase, I would still keep the 722 in its PB bag, that way you have double the protection for your 2400+ recorder :) Now that I think about it, I should take it out of the pb ar-7 and give the 722 a wipedown and cleaning, but since its been in the ar-7 for almost 1.5 years straight, I doubt it needs cleaned that badly.

and harrison, here is a tip, you want to put stuff IN the bag :P ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 12:37:42 AM by Bean »
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 09:49:08 AM »
Thanks everyone for the tips and pics! It did give me some ideas for sure.

Harrison

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »
no need for shelves or a rack, unzip top of bag, shove stuff in, zip bag. get to venue, unpick unload stuff, place neatly in bag, record. after show, shoove stuff back in bag, give bag to the transfer guy
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 11:08:34 AM »
no need for shelves or a rack, unzip top of bag, shove stuff in, zip bag. get to venue, unpick unload stuff, place neatly in bag, record. after show, shoove stuff back in bag, give bag to the transfer guy

Part of the SoniCase's beauty for me is that I don't have to shove stuff in, unpick / unload stuff, place it neatly in the bag, then re-stuff the bag again for transport.  At least with my gear, it all basically stays put.  I pull my mics out, hook up my cables, and I'm ready to go.  Reverse for breakdown.  It requires no re-shuffling of gear (pre/ADC/recorder), other than stuff I'd normally pull out anyway (mics, shockmount, cables).
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 11:13:58 AM »
I use a nova 5 and invariably it is disorganized by show end, but usually at show start after looking for something at the bottom of the bag
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com