Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: torrent question - adding setlist info after the fact  (Read 3027 times)

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
torrent question - adding setlist info after the fact
« on: December 31, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »
I'm about to start my first-ever torrent and had a quick question.  Being the completist I am, I would love to have the entire setlist, but I do net.  Yet, I don't want this to hold me up from getting this show out to others. 

So, my question is, can I add setlist info to the torrent after it has started?

Sorry for the silly question!

Thanks,
Keith

p.s. if anyone is good with Greyboy Allstars tunes, please let me know and I can maybe get you the tunes to listen to first.  This is what I have so far for the show I want to upload:

Greyboy Allstars
12-20-2009
World Cafe Live
Philadelphia, PA

Disc 1
1. tuning
3. Still Waiting
4. Feel My Grip
6. Cramp Your Style
7. Looks like Rain
8. Speed Freak
12. Get A Job
13. Taxman

Disc 2
1. Pigeons Under Water
2. How Glad I Am
4. Happy Friends
5. Toys R Us
7. encore
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:18:34 AM by kgreener »

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
Re: torrent question - adding setlist info after the fact
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:39:40 AM »
hey keith,

that's about what i have for the setlist too. I was hoping to get it complete before i post too. i'll check to see if i can fill in any of your blanks.

thanks again for the ticket! let me know if you need any help with the torrent.

Offline tapeheadtoo

• Taperssection Member
    • My Dime stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 11:55:06 AM »
You can add setlist info to the torrent description after it has started.
However, you can't change the info file within the torrent.
If any files within the torrent are changed after it has started, people will get stuck at 99% and will be unable to finish.
(BT experts, correct me if I am wrong.)
Mics: Schoeps MK4, DPA 4061, AT953, Shure MV88
Preamps/BB: Nbox, tinybox, ST-9100, CA-UGLY, SP-SPSB-10
Recorders: In use--Teenage Engineering TX6, Tascam DR-2d, Sony PCM-A10, Zoom L-20R; collecting dust--Sony M10, Ediirol R-09, Zoom H4n, Zoom H6, Cymatic LR16
Video: In use--Panasonic VX981, Panasonic ZS100, GoPro Hero 10/11; collecting dust--Sony HDR-CX520V, Sony HX9V, Panasonic ZS3/ZS7

Online vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »
You can add setlist info to the torrent description after it has started.
However, you can't change the info file within the torrent.
If any files within the torrent are changed after it has started, people will get stuck at 99% and will be unable to finish.
(BT experts, correct me if I am wrong.)

This is correct.  You can change the description on the web page, but do not change the info .txt file as it will corrupt the torrent.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline kgreener

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »
hey, thanks T.J. and everyone else for the responses.  I reckon adding info to the web page later on is a good way to go, at least the music's getting out there which of course is the important thing. 

happy to help on the ticket T.J.!  it was fun hanging in the mezz with you and your pal.  i'll let you know if i have any problems with the torrent.

Keith

Offline T.J.

• Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 03:57:59 PM »
This is what i got so far:

Greyboy Allstars
December 20, 2009
World Cafe Live (Downstairs)
Philadelphia, PA

02.   Still Waiting
03.   Feel My Grip   
05.    Cramp Your Style
07.   Speed Freak
09.   Boxes   
10.   V Neck Sweater
11.   Get A Job
12.   Taxman (1)
13.   Pigeons Under Water
14.   How Glad I Am
15.   Here Come The Girls
16.   Happy Friends
18.   Deck Shoes
19.   -encore break-
20.    >
21.   Intersteller Overdrive (2)

NOTES
(1)   Beatles cover
(2)   Pink Floyd cover

we're getting there :)

Offline dgale

• Taperssection Member
    • Los Lobos Tour Dates & Setlists
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 04:11:57 PM »
Usually what ends up happening in this situation is someone posts the complete/corrected setlist in the comments section of the torrent - as noted above, the origial seeder can edit the torrent description (typically a pasted copy of the text file, along with ffps, md5s etc.) to include the revised setlist but you cannot change the actual text file in the torrent.  When I download a show where this happens and I notice, I will copy the revised setlist into my downloaded copy of the text file...but if I'm not mistaken I can only do this after I stop seeding (?), or perhaps I can make the change while seeding but I wouldn't be able to seed 100% of the show any longer - only a problem if I'm the original seeder.  I usually do this well after I've downloaded and seeded for a while and am no longer seeding, so not sure if it presents problems to alter the text file while seeding.  It could create problems down the road if you go back to reseed something and you've made chages to the original downloaded files. 
http://loslobos.setlist.com/

Mics: SKM140, CM300/CP-1/CP-2/CP-4
Pre/AD: SD MP-2, AD2K+, MiniMe, SBM-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Motu Traveler, Korg MR-2, DA-P1, D8, D7, DTR-80P, D5, D6

Online vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 06:20:26 PM »
Usually what ends up happening in this situation is someone posts the complete/corrected setlist in the comments section of the torrent - as noted above, the origial seeder can edit the torrent description (typically a pasted copy of the text file, along with ffps, md5s etc.) to include the revised setlist but you cannot change the actual text file in the torrent.  When I download a show where this happens and I notice, I will copy the revised setlist into my downloaded copy of the text file...but if I'm not mistaken I can only do this after I stop seeding (?), or perhaps I can make the change while seeding but I wouldn't be able to seed 100% of the show any longer - only a problem if I'm the original seeder.  I usually do this well after I've downloaded and seeded for a while and am no longer seeding, so not sure if it presents problems to alter the text file while seeding.  It could create problems down the road if you go back to reseed something and you've made chages to the original downloaded files.

When I do this, I actually create a second copy of the info txt file that has been edited.  I keep the original as is in case I need to jump back on as a seed for any reason.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline dgale

• Taperssection Member
    • Los Lobos Tour Dates & Setlists
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 12:00:43 AM »

When I do this, I actually create a second copy of the info txt file that has been edited.  I keep the original as is in case I need to jump back on as a seed for any reason.

That's a great idea - just give it a name that notes somehow it's the revised version and then if I need to reseed something later, it will just ignore the new file and seed the original version.  Thanks for the tip.
http://loslobos.setlist.com/

Mics: SKM140, CM300/CP-1/CP-2/CP-4
Pre/AD: SD MP-2, AD2K+, MiniMe, SBM-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Motu Traveler, Korg MR-2, DA-P1, D8, D7, DTR-80P, D5, D6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com