Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Annoying zoom/buzz in my recording due to using cell phone ?!?!  (Read 1922 times)

Offline hobobabylon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Annoying zoom/buzz in my recording due to using cell phone ?!?!
« on: December 17, 2012, 05:57:55 AM »
Hi, new here and in taping .... introduced here by Mule Taper

So i've a Tascam DR-07mkII and record in a small club (hold about 150 people), last Friday I recorded my 4th show,and during the show I called several times a friend (he was ill and couldn't make it, so I did this to let him enjoy of what he was missing) but listening it back, at the times I called him, there's an annoying zoom/buzz in my recording.

I know now NEVER TO USE MY PHONE AGAIN WHILE RECORDING, but what I want to know is 'can I decrease that zoom/buzz in the quiet parts with Audacity ??'

I'm NO puter geek, (costed me days to find out how to track the 24 bit recording in seperate tracks and turn it into 16 bit to burn to cd) so if some one has some spare time to explain step by step ....  :-*

I know when you start something, you will learn each time and sometimes learn the hard way, and that's why this is a bummer, this was my best recording (sound wise) and it was one of the better shows i've heard the past year ......

so thanks in advance

Ben

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
Re: Annoying zoom/buzz in my recording due to using cell phone ?!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 10:50:34 AM »
Nope-SOL. You might be able to mitigate a little if you do a spectral analysis of the noise and then EQ out the major offending frequencies but it will not go away. You could also insert silence and get rid of it that way if there aren't too many occurrences.
Convert 24 to 16 first, then track it out. Get CD Wave (tracking shareware) if you don't have it already. It takes minutes to figure out.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »
iZotope's RX2 Advanced has tools to remove this noise, here's a couple of demo video's dealing with cell phone noises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDIqDJJpBEU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lH5ld-Q-p4
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:54:29 PM by DigiGal »
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline hobobabylon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 03:19:33 AM »
Thanks, will try to do something with your advices, and if it turns out that nothing can be fixed ...... well this was SO GOOD, i'll take it for granted

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com