Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone used this toslink to coax converter?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
Anyone used this toslink to coax converter?
« on: June 20, 2004, 12:05:46 AM »
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-1228

I was reading a thread about this on the Oade board. No answers really. But for 15 bucks I wonder if this is worth it, or if anyone has done any testing on it. The Oade post also says that it works fine off of a 9.2 volt battery pack. So hook that up with Radioshacks battery pack that is on sale with a charger for 12.49, and you have a converter you can power for ~10 hours in the field for $30. That would be mighty nice...all riding on the bit perfection now.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

jimmc

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone used this toslink to coax converter?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 01:55:02 AM »
I bought one when I was still patching to use w/ my JB3 and I didnt have any problems. I didnt use it much though.  Also, I didnt do any testing. I also ran it w/ regular 9v batts. I just soldered up a nice cable for about $4.  Never did test how long it will run on a single 9v though since I didnt need to use it anymore after about a month.
But for that price, give it a shot.  Cant beat it.  Especially w/ all the negative posts about the CO2.
Which reminds me, you cant pass a signal to anyone else, its just a 1 way converter. Basically, if you are gonna patch w/ it, just be at the end of the chain.

Jim

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Anyone used this toslink to coax converter?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 07:41:55 AM »
Basically, if you are gonna patch w/ it, just be at the end of the chain.

Or split the incoming coax signal with a barrel splitter.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com