Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: any one tapeing jack johnson  (Read 5614 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
any one tapeing jack johnson
« on: September 08, 2004, 02:40:16 AM »
I am going to tape jack johnson in NY on 9-13 and want to know if any one is going to tape that show so I can clamp my mic's  to they stand.  I don't have a stand yet and I know that jack dose not let stand in to his shows. But is it the same becouse it is in the park or is still the same.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline steve-o

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind...
    • SK6
Re: any one tapeing jack johnson
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 04:06:53 AM »
If he doesn't allow stands, then his policy over-rides that of the venue.  (That basically means no stands what-so-ever.) Therefore, I don't know how you're gonna clamp to someone's stand if what you're saying is true. 

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 04:34:57 AM »
Uhh yeah, his policy says no stands so I am still trying to figure out what the hell I am going to do for the Gorge show.   I'll be interested to hear how people's experiences go for taping this tour.
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 08:28:50 AM »
BTW, I will be taping the ACL show, but I am sure there will be several copies of that one floating around. ;)
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline thoman8r

• Proud member of the reality-based community
  • Let's go Pens!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 11:54:02 AM »
I'll be taping Philly - somehow.  I'm hoping I'll be able to clamp or duct tape the vert bar to the lighting/sbd rig.  If not, I guess I'll just have to be a human mic stand. :)
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 03:33:44 PM »
I may do the Merriweather show in MD. Depends on our seats I guess. My understanding is it's all GA. Not sure how many will wanna be in seats vs. the lawn...

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 07:20:53 PM »
If I get to tape the show I will give 5 B&P and trades for any other jack show from 2004. I will post if I got the show right here on thiis post. Give me a email at BL6216@yahoo.com and tell me in subject that you saw the post at tapers section. Thanks for all the help that I am geting on this board.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline udski

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 10:19:48 AM »
I saw him on Wed in Cleveland.  I tried to get my full rig in the door and they said no stands.  Since I run bluelines there was no reason to bring the rest of the gear in so I took it back to the car.  I stuck my d7 and a few patch cables in my pockets just in case.  Once I got in I talked to Jack's sound guy for a while.  He said they don't allow stands but don't police the crowd that much.  If you run at head height you'll get away with it and they won't really care.  I also talked to G-Love's sound guy(I have taped them before).  After talking for while he offered me a soundboard patch right before G Love went on.  Unfortunatly it was xlr and I didn't have those cable on me so I was forced to drink alot of red hook esb and enjoy the show.

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 11:06:33 AM »
I'm assuming that G-Love's sound guy (Chris I think is his name) was only giving the patch for G's set? That's sweet that he's doing that. He's always been a cool guy when it comes to taping. I missed out on a sbd patch the last time he was in VA because it was XLR and I didn't have the cables. I'll make sure I have them for the Merriweather show.

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 11:14:14 AM »
Outdoor stores sell walking sticks that have a 1/4" thread on top (covered by a round knob on mine) -- mine extends up to almost 6' and collapses down to a bit over 3' -- you could "limp" in with one of these and quickly set it up as a monopod/etc. to get around the no stand rule

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 11:47:32 AM »
If I get to tape the show I will give 5 B&P and trades for any other jack show from 2004. I will post if I got the show right here on thiis post. Give me a email at BL6216@yahoo.com and tell me in subject that you saw the post at tapers section. Thanks for all the help that I am geting on this board.

Just curious if you ended up taping last night?  Either way, did you write down the setlist?
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 03:34:17 PM »
No but if I can get it I will post it

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 05:19:40 PM »
Cool.  Thanks.

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 11:50:27 PM »
Here it is Jack's set.

09/13/04 (Mon) Central Park Summerstage - New York City, NY
Set 1: Taylor, Posters, Medicore Bad Guys, Plastic Jesus > Fall Line > Where Do The Children Play, Losing Hope, Gone, It's All Understood > Let's Start Again, Cupid, Tommrow Morning, Bubble Toes, Wasted Time, Flake, Free *, Holes To Heaven, The Horizon Has Been Defeated, Badfish, Inaudible Melodies, Rainbow +, Rodeo Clowns +, Mudfootball +*, E: Sexy Plexi, ??, Girl I Wanna Lay You Down ^, Banana Pancakes ^, Pirates @ 40, The News > Natural Mystic, Times Like These
Comment: * with Donavan, + with G-Love, ^ with Zach Gill on the accordion

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 07:39:10 PM »
Thanks for the setlist.  Did you get find a copy of the show?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.098 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com