Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Another no0B question: microtrack & UA-5 or Fostex FR-2LE?  (Read 1412 times)

scubasteve

• Trade Count: (0)
Another no0B question: microtrack & UA-5 or Fostex FR-2LE?
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:32:10 PM »
I recently purchased a new camcorder for shooting films and airshows and stuff. It has a mic in, but I'm looking for that Hollywood type sound I could never achieve with all the gear I've had over the years. The cam is a nice 3chipper so I'm looking for good quality sound to go with it. A friend of mine mentioned the Rode NTG1 and after listening to it I think I'm going to get it, but I need a good rig to record all this fabulous  ;D :P audio on. I have narrowed down my options to two recorders, the Fostex FR2LE, it's not out yet, I know. And the second setup is a microtrack with the ua5. What would you guys get? Any comments? Questions? Snide remarks?

Offline jibooer

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Searching for the perfect jam...
Re: Another no0B question: microtrack & UA-5 or Fostex FR-2LE?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 12:03:19 PM »
if your doing film, maybe you should consider the Tascam HD-P2, as it is an all-in one unit, operates on CF cards and has a time-code feature so you can link up your video to sound properly....

otherwise, the Fostex would eliminate your need to have a Ua-5..

just a suggestion...
Mics: AKG c460b (ck61, ck62, ck63, ck1x, ck3x), NBob Actives, Naiant Actives, ADK A-51TL
Pres: Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2
Cables: GAKables exclusively, AKG MK46, Naiant PFA's
Recorders: Edirol R-09HR, Edirol R-44
CPU for DSP: Toshiba Satellite A660 i7 > audioengineD1
Cans: ATH-50
VINYL: Rega Planar 3 > Rega Brio-R > Wharfedale EVO2-30

scubasteve

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Another no0B question: microtrack & UA-5 or Fostex FR-2LE?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 01:05:30 PM »
I read somewhere, can't find the link right now, that the FR2LE will have a time code generator for easier Audio Video work. I'll see if I can dig up that link.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com