Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Taping a marching band  (Read 6202 times)

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
Re: Taping a marching band
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 03:16:12 PM »
 :o Holy Hell that's a lot of brass! The band sounds pretty tight. Were they running drill or just going exhibition style? I'm curious to see why there's not more of the DL on the recording, or maybe the horn section is just that big? The sixes on the tenors at the end of the intro sound like they were spot on!
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

RebelRebel

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 03:34:44 PM »
:o Holy Hell that's a lot of brass! The band sounds pretty tight. Were they running drill or just going exhibition style? I'm curious to see why there's not more of the DL on the recording, or maybe the horn section is just that big? The sixes on the tenors at the end of the intro sound like they were spot on!

it is Porgy and Bess, not Borgy. :P :P :P :P ;D

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 03:43:43 PM »

it is Porgy and Bess, not Borgy. :P :P :P :P ;D

Did I type that? :yack: Somewhere a great american composer is turning over in his grave.

The drum line always called it pork and beans when i was marching anyhow.  ;D
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline willyjbrown

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 12:40:53 AM »
We were running drill since this was all part of the first halftime show that we're doing this year. We are actually changing shows right now for the second half of football season, so that was the last performance of that show. The band is up to around 350 people this year. The drumline is pretty big (or average sized for a band this size), but I do know they were primarily in the back of the field for this drill, except for the intro. Even with that though, I think we're loud for our size. I'll let you be the judge of that though.

Hope you enjoyed it! Let me know if you want to hear more  :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com