Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Although its probably been asked.......(UA5 Mod DIY Q)  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Sterling

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Although its probably been asked.......(UA5 Mod DIY Q)
« on: November 14, 2003, 11:04:13 PM »
Anyone ever try to W-mod or P-mod themselves? Just curious and i hope I'm not pissing off any of the Oade guys but I was just curious. I think I am finally just going to buy the UA5...mod it myself and roll. I can't seem to get another cheap preamp anywhere. But I thought maybe a DIY mod later might be possible (at least for peace of mind) Thanks again guys!  :)

Sterling
Buffalo  :afro:

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Although its probably been asked.......(UA5 Mod DIY Q)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 11:35:22 PM »
to my knowledge nobody has come up w/ a diy on how to do the preamp mods - actually i think i remember reading that oade removes the markings on the new components to try to prevent others from being able to copy it.  also from reading it seems that the preamp mod is far more complex than the digimod and is definately not something most people could do on their own.  

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 11:40:59 PM »
this was the thread discussion on it a few days ago

Has picture of the ua-5 board, where the op-amps are, and other info
it took me a while to dig it up because it was placed in the incorrect forum.
good luck!

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 01:36:31 AM »
before the digi mod was thrown out to everyone i was talking to a kid who told me about it, and has that website with the pics.. he was going to attempt a pre mod if he could find out any details/part info

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 02:24:38 PM »
Might not be a bad idea to purchase an un-moded UA-5 for Oade first... so if you want to get the W-Mod at some point later in time, you can... From what I have read, Oade won't mod one that wasn't originally purchased from them...

I have also read that stock, the UA-5 preamps don't sound that good, but I can't testify myself... only what I read.  What I can tell you is that the warm mod UA-5 rox.

Peace-
pfife
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com