Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Difference between the M1 and D100.  (Read 14257 times)

Depechemode1993

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Difference between the M1 and D100.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 09:02:21 PM »
I just recieved in the mail today my refurbed M1 and some DPA 4061's. the M1 and DPA's are crazy small! I am so ready to go and tape!

Enjoy the goodies man I wish i woulda had your equipment when i was 16 ..The shows i could have right now ...What are powering the mics with ?? That MMA 6000 is a smokin pre 450 bucks but well worth it..You can clip those mics with that pre all night long...Good luck!!!! +t to ya , for having the balls at your age..Those 4061's are sick  ;D

I am so excited to have some nice mics. I have been running the ECM-717 for about 3 years now. as much as I love the 717 the 4061's are so small and stealthy. I am powering it with the batt. box that came with it. I still haven't tried it out yet. as I was supposed to see Head Automatica last night in Detroit but we got there way late (my sister is very slow getting ready) and it sold out. so I have to wait a few weeks until the next concert. +T backatcha.  ;)

Offline tdg455

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2005, 07:37:46 PM »
I remember reading something on datheads once about some internal mechanical differences between the d100 and M1. Sorry I dont remember exactly what it was, but had to do with different style fastener holding a capstan or something in the tape path in place. Really a minor difference.

Tom

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2005, 12:43:28 AM »
So,... that little remote thing is pretty cool, ehh? (now that I finally have my hands on one).

absolute beauty when it comes to stealthing moke

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2005, 12:51:23 AM »
+T to you...what I did when I had it, I put the deck in my pouch, went to the bathroom a few minutes before show time, put it in record/pause mode, then you can get it out of pause by hitting play I think it was on the remote.  The other thing, play with it and get used to where the meters need to be on it for quality levels...once you do, you will never want to stealth any way again...

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2005, 01:15:49 AM »
+T to you...what I did when I had it, I put the deck in my pouch, went to the bathroom a few minutes before show time, put it in record/pause mode, then you can get it out of pause by hitting play I think it was on the remote.  The other thing, play with it and get used to where the meters need to be on it for quality levels...once you do, you will never want to stealth any way again...

Or just learn where play and record  are on your deck... I don't get how/why the remote would make that any easier, it's just more to get in.
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2005, 01:16:42 AM »
the remote makes it so you dont have to pull your deck out to look at levels...huge benefit for true stealthing situations

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2005, 01:26:52 AM »
the remote makes it so you dont have to pull your deck out to look at levels...huge benefit for true stealthing situations

I wasn't aware they had a remote with levels, I have a 7-pin remote, but it doesn't have any levels meters.  The one pictured with the D100 is totally different AND smaller.  It's in a box 170 miles away, or I'd bust out the part #.

Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2005, 01:29:07 AM »
yeah, thats the one...has levels on the lcd...and the lcd is about the size of a quarter

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2005, 01:34:10 AM »
any tips on using it?
i.e.,... are you running the deck in a pouch, and just have the remote exposed, etc.?

I run with the d100 in my front pocket and the remote clipped to the bottom of a button down shirt with the face on the inside part. When I'm ready to start the deck, just reach into my pocket, disengage hold and put into rec mode. Then flip the shirt up and shine my keychain flashlight on the remote when the music's peaking. And of course, keep the back switches of the d100 taped down and a piece of tape on the input level so it doesn't accidently get bumped in my pocket.

In venues I'm comfortable with, I'll run the deck with the sbm in a fanny pack.

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2005, 01:35:52 AM »
The M1 will still get used until all this hysteria with recording devices finally settles, and the deck of choice floats to the top.

The sonosax claims to have a remote with it. It will most likely be the one to replace my d100 for uncomfortable stealth situations.

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2005, 01:41:07 AM »
yeah, thats the one...has levels on the lcd...and the lcd is about the size of a quarter

The one I have has no display and is a little wider than a DAT tape case and slightly thinner.

Depechemode1993

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2005, 01:05:44 PM »
does anyone have a remote they are willing to part with?

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2005, 07:40:15 AM »
problem with the hold trick and the remote is that if you wait too long, the deck shuts off, and now the hold is on the machine, and you're hosed...

i like to start the thing by braille(sp) and then hit hold. i use the remote to check levels only - and i have the other hand working the knob on the sbm1, which is how i set levels...

actually, since i am paranoid about misloads...

i hit play by braille > check levels/load + pause with the remote > record + play + hold  by braille > check levels at peaks by remote + set levels accordingly at the sbm1...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2005, 03:32:32 AM »
The other problem with the remote besides it not holdng the rec/pause for more than 2-3 minutes is it is not backlit.  As convienent as they are to check levels without fiddling around with the fanny pack and dropping your head, you still need to light that thing up.  I have been using a Photon Freedom where you can lock in the light at a very very dim setting....it is a bit tricky to hold it in between your fingers and have the remote in your hand but once you have the dexterity thing going and dial it all in, it is awesome.  I think you can still get these things at Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku...I will look when I go shopping this weekend.

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2005, 04:16:27 AM »

I wasn't aware they had a remote with levels, I have a 7-pin remote, but it doesn't have any levels meters.  The one pictured with the D100 is totally different AND smaller.  It's in a box 170 miles away, or I'd bust out the part #.
You have an RMT-D7 I guess?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com