Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-09 "phantom files"?  (Read 1511 times)

Offline pgoelz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
R-09 "phantom files"?
« on: August 08, 2006, 08:40:57 PM »
Anyone else notice one or two files left over after deleting all files?  A couple times I have had one or two files left on the card with the same names as legitimate (deleted) files but with zero length.  If I try to delete them with the card plugged into a card reader they seem to delete OK but show up again the next time I examine the card.  The only way I can permanently delete them is to reformat the card.  I have not yet tried to delete them with the R-09 itself. 

Is this perhaps a card issue? 

Paul
Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI USA
Music, model helis and astronomy website:
www.pgoelz.com

Offline SunWizard

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: R-09 "phantom files"?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 11:18:29 PM »
Anyone else notice one or two files left over after deleting all files?  A couple times I have had one or two files left on the card with the same names as legitimate (deleted) files but with zero length.  If I try to delete them with the card plugged into a card reader they seem to delete OK but show up again the next time I examine the card.  The only way I can permanently delete them is to reformat the card.  I have not yet tried to delete them with the R-09 itself. 

Is this perhaps a card issue? 
Paul

Are you using the Unplug or Eject hardware function on the taskbar in windows before you remove the card?  If not you will see what you are, and other strange things as well.
AT853 (CMC-4)>3wire batt.box or SP box >Edirol R-09 or iRiver H120 or JB3
C4 > D-mod UA-5 >Edirol R-09 or iRiver H120 or JB3

Offline pgoelz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: R-09 "phantom files"?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 06:38:01 AM »
Good point.  No I am not using the unplug/eject function.  I just wait a short while and Windows (XP) does not complain like it sometimes has if I unplug immediately after a file write operation.  I thought XP improved the file caching system to pretty much eliminate that problem. 

I can run a test though and see if that is the problem. 

Paul
Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI USA
Music, model helis and astronomy website:
www.pgoelz.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com