Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 7XX RunTime Query  (Read 1625 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
7XX RunTime Query
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:44:41 PM »
It's looking like I'm getting maybe around 8 hours or so out of the 7600maH battery running my SD702 with phantom to the mics and using the mic input switch...thus using the on board preamps.  Does anyone have any idea what extra runtime can be expected using an external preamp while going line-in?

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: 7XX RunTime Query
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:02:56 PM »
not much, maybe 1-1.5 hours.  You are getting excellent runtime, guess the flash saves a good amount of power over the INHDD.

If you are looking to reduce your bag, adding a preamp would not reduce what you have to carry incl' the power for the preamp.

If you want to increase your runtime you could easily get 20-50 hours of runtime w/ a few batteries and a dummy cell.

What are your goals for your rig?
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

stevetoney

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:16:31 PM »
not much, maybe 1-1.5 hours.  You are getting excellent runtime, guess the flash saves a good amount of power over the INHDD.

If you are looking to reduce your bag, adding a preamp would not reduce what you have to carry incl' the power for the preamp.

If you want to increase your runtime you could easily get 20-50 hours of runtime w/ a few batteries and a dummy cell.

What are your goals for your rig?

Thanks for the response Fozzy.

Don't quote me on the 8 hours.  I'm not sure on that.  It's a very rough estimate extrapolated out based on my 'burn rate' over the last couple shows that I've run.  However, after running for a solid 3.5 hours, I was still plenty shy of halfway empty, so that's what I based the 8 hours on.  I'm sure that battery voltage drain probably isn't linear.

Regarding answering your questions, my query had nothing to do with decreasing bag weight.  My goal right now is getting the best sound out of my rig, so I'm testing out Ska's M148 for awhile and then hopefully sometime soon I'll get the Aerco and see how that compares...then I'll settle one one or the other and keeps whichever sounds best to my ears.  Then it will be nice to have the option of running with either the external preamp or SD702 internal preamp.

The reason I asked the question is that festival season is coming up and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be going to Langerado next month.  So, I'm anticipating what I'll be needing for juice and how much recharging I'll need to do.

Anyhoo, thanks again for the feedback.

Steve
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:32:53 PM by tonedeaf »

stevetoney

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 10:21:12 PM »
Oh yeah, meant to comment that Bean made me up a dummy cell too BTW, so now all I have to do is buy some RC batteries and I'll be set for festival season.  Again, my question was more one of curiosity and wondering if the runtime would change significantly when not using the onboard pre's.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com