Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is Anybody Else...? (Church Audio content)  (Read 16579 times)

Offline 69mako

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Is Anybody Else...? (Church Audio content)
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 01:05:02 AM »
We're sluts.  I think that's the bottom line!

The taper slut in me loves having multiple patterns, big dollars invested, and pretty lights. 

When I listen to these CA-14 recordings though, there's simply NO WAY I can use logic to justify that I have well over ten times the cost of a CA-14 rig invested in my rig, when the incremental sound improvement of my rig is only a marginal improvement of what the CA-14s deliver...IMHO. 

Still, I'm a slut and I love my current rig, so I don't know that it makes a difference to me now, but if financial pressure ever mounts, there's no doubt which direction I'll turn. 

These are my sentiments exactly.  And 'm still running the CA-11s.  I need to get me sluttiness in gear and buy a set of CA-14s....

Mako
http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »
I have had the pleasure of listening to a few recordings made with just your cardioid-mic (ca-14?) plugged into a mp3-player with wave-recording-function. The last week a fast rockband was taped and I can't stop listening to it!!!! (might have to do with the fact that I have a tattoo of that band on my arm... hehehe)

Now.... the result of that is... well... stunning really!  :o

I use the Sonic Studios DSM-6EL with bassfilter at the moment, and since they are omni's I get much bass all the time, even though I filter some out it still comes out boomy in medium sized clubs/halls... If i take too much bass out it sounds thin and flat. In Sweden where I live, only 100dB is allowed at concerts, making the crowd more noisy than the show sometimes, now if I use an omni-mic to that, well sometimes it sounds like crap. Also at larger shows I only get boomy results, at least indoors. Outdoors it's good, not great! (I have no sort of windscreens to the DSM's, they look like a joke, the one's that excist).

I'm really considering selling my DSM's+bassfilter ($900 worth) and buying your CA-14's. I've been taping since 1992, but have never heard stealthing-results like these...  ;D

All help appreciated from you Chris, to choose a model with settings that suits my purposes (I tape Rock + Metal). I only want the cardioids, no omni's. If I like what these produce in smaller+medium-sized places then maybe I'll get the omni's later for taping at bigger places.

I use the R-09 at the moment (the first model, not the HR), what do I need to add to the CA-14?

Very much thanks in advance!
/Jonas Karlsson, Sweden (jontebus)

Offline grtphl

• Taperssection Member
  • deadheadynugs
    • Free Live Music Archive - daja@dayjay
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 02:32:05 PM »

You can't pay for better PR than this post!

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 03:03:12 PM »
I have had the pleasure of listening to a few recordings made with just your cardioid-mic (ca-14?) plugged into a mp3-player with wave-recording-function. The last week a fast rockband was taped and I can't stop listening to it!!!! (might have to do with the fact that I have a tattoo of that band on my arm... hehehe)

Now.... the result of that is... well... stunning really!  :o

I use the Sonic Studios DSM-6EL with bassfilter at the moment, and since they are omni's I get much bass all the time, even though I filter some out it still comes out boomy in medium sized clubs/halls... If i take too much bass out it sounds thin and flat. In Sweden where I live, only 100dB is allowed at concerts, making the crowd more noisy than the show sometimes, now if I use an omni-mic to that, well sometimes it sounds like crap. Also at larger shows I only get boomy results, at least indoors. Outdoors it's good, not great! (I have no sort of windscreens to the DSM's, they look like a joke, the one's that excist).

I'm really considering selling my DSM's+bassfilter ($900 worth) and buying your CA-14's. I've been taping since 1992, but have never heard stealthing-results like these...  ;D

All help appreciated from you Chris, to choose a model with settings that suits my purposes (I tape Rock + Metal). I only want the cardioids, no omni's. If I like what these produce in smaller+medium-sized places then maybe I'll get the omni's later for taping at bigger places.

I use the R-09 at the moment (the first model, not the HR), what do I need to add to the CA-14?

CA-14 + A battery box should be all you need for the type of shows you record.
And thank you for the kind words.
Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 03:33:06 AM »

I'm open for a discount when buying the CA-14  :-* sometimes the english language vs the swedish language puts me in a position where it just comes out wrong... sorry

Chris: Is there another picture available that shows the size of the CA-14, CA-11 & cafs? A Canadian stamp doesn't say much to me, really  ;) Does the CA-14 come with a clip? The picture you sent me showed that the CA-11 had clips, but I couldn't see any on the 14. Also, does this batterybox you recommend need any bassfilter? You state cardioids doesn't usually need it, but the CA-14 is deeper in bass than the CA-11, which from what I've heard still gives a good punch at smaller/medium sized shows... at least here in Sweden.

I'm really beginning to feel the excitement of taping once again! (this is my 17th year!)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:39:29 AM by jontebus »

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 10:03:40 AM »

I'm open for a discount when buying the CA-14  :-* sometimes the english language vs the swedish language puts me in a position where it just comes out wrong... sorry

Chris: Is there another picture available that shows the size of the CA-14, CA-11 & cafs? A Canadian stamp doesn't say much to me, really  ;) Does the CA-14 come with a clip? The picture you sent me showed that the CA-11 had clips, but I couldn't see any on the 14. Also, does this batterybox you recommend need any bassfilter? You state cardioids doesn't usually need it, but the CA-14 is deeper in bass than the CA-11, which from what I've heard still gives a good punch at smaller/medium sized shows... at least here in Sweden.

I'm really beginning to feel the excitement of taping once again! (this is my 17th year!)

Just for reference the stamp is 17mm x 17mm or 0.69 inches x 0.69 inches or for the people that prefer fractions :) 11/16 x 11/16 The ca-14 can come with clips if you order them that way ( a free option ) You dont need a bass roll off with these mics. The battery box does not come with one. I am glad your exited about taping!

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »
Just for reference the stamp is 17mm x 17mm or 0.69 inches x 0.69 inches or for the people that prefer fractions :) 11/16 x 11/16 The ca-14 can come with clips if you order them that way ( a free option ) You dont need a bass roll off with these mics. The battery box does not come with one. I am glad your exited about taping!

Chris

Yes, I'm very excited... will get back to you as soon as I've sold my DMS-6EL + bassfilter, hopefully someone wants them...  ???

Will this equipment work just as fine with the R-09 HR-model? (thinking of getting that as well)

How much will this package cost, in total? (ca-14 w.clips + batterybox + shipping).

/Jonas Karlsson aka "jontebus"

Offline 69mako

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 12:30:29 AM »

Will this equipment work just as fine with the R-09 HR-model? (thinking of getting that as well)

I'm running ca11>9100>r09hr and couldn't be happier.  An r09hr is a great little recorder!!

Mako
http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 02:51:34 AM »
I'm running ca11>9100>r09hr and couldn't be happier.  An r09hr is a great little recorder!!

Mako

Ok, do you have any soundsamples to post? Preferably samples that has no eq done, I could post a sample of a show recorded only with the CA-11 + a Mp3-recorder if someone likes, still sounds impressive! (a friend of mine taped that).

/Jonas

Offline heyitsmejess

• Taperssection All-Star
cause we zig and zag between good and bad
stumble and fall on right and wrong

http://www.rumpkemountainboys.org/

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2009, 04:30:01 AM »
http://www.archive.org/details/rumpkemb2009-03-08.aud.ca11

ca11>9100>r1

Ok,thanks. I've found quite a few samples on the "live music archive", but there are not so many rock/hard rock samples there, which is what I tape. Here is a sample of a recording made with this setting: CA11>iRiver Mp3

http://www.dimeadozen.org/attachments/243597/3176047/sample%201.mp3

/Jonas

Offline shaggy28

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »
http://www.archive.org/details/rumpkemb2009-03-08.aud.ca11

ca11>9100>r1

Ok,thanks. I've found quite a few samples on the "live music archive", but there are not so many rock/hard rock samples there, which is what I tape. Here is a sample of a recording made with this setting: CA11>iRiver Mp3

http://www.dimeadozen.org/attachments/243597/3176047/sample%201.mp3

/Jonas

Not really metal or hard rock but the audio for this was from the CA14's>9100>R09 i also have a clip of In Flames which is more of what you're talking about from a few months ago but that was with the CA11s let me know if you want that. The CA14's are great you'll love them.

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2009, 02:53:43 AM »
Not really metal or hard rock but the audio for this was from the CA14's>9100>R09 i also have a clip of In Flames which is more of what you're talking about from a few months ago but that was with the CA11s let me know if you want that. The CA14's are great you'll love them.

Which clip is recorded CA14´s>9100>R09?

Would love to hear a clip with In Flames. My taperfriend here in Sweden also recorded In Flames, last winter, with his quite simple setup, and it sounds great too! Keep tha samples coming people  >:D

/Jonas

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 03:33:50 PM »
Bumpelibump  :-*

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 12:03:48 PM »
Keeping this thread alive, by showing you a clip recorded with the CA-11's from a PACKED 1100-people club in Gothenburg, Sweden. Recorded quite near the right PA. As you can hear, it sounds.... Mmmmm.... detailed, and although its rough and lots of people (it's a stealth!!!) it sounds sooo good. IMHO.....

It's just the CA-11 plugged into a MP3-recorder with Wave-function...

What do you think?

http://rapidshare.com/files/222085979/18_-_Isn_t_that_wild.wav.html

/Jonas "jontebus" Karlsson

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com