Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

I prefer the "flavor" of which?  Not convenience, flavor.

Schoeps caps on Schoeps bodies
Schoeps caps into something else (Nbox, CMR>Tinybox, Lemosax)
I never much thought about it.  I don't know which I prefer.
You can run Schoeps caps on other gear???
I like what Cowboy Neal tells me to like.

Author Topic: Poll: Schoeps setups... bodies versus no bodies  (Read 17847 times)

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Poll: Schoeps setups... bodies versus no bodies
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »
Scheops germany repair prices are extremely reasonable and easily in the ballpark with Vark even with shipping taken into account.
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Online tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
Where's the "like" button around here? ;D

I am increasingly about getting the mics in the "spot" where they will shine best and that means relying on some sort of remote/active set up. Schoeps all the way in that regard.

Not for f'n long! ;)

My wallet may suffer if/when this comes to fruition.

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 11:37:09 PM »
I am increasingly about getting the mics in the "spot" where they will shine best and that means relying on some sort of remote/active set up. Schoeps all the way in that regard.

Not for f'n long! ;)

"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Online tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2012, 12:32:22 AM »

Not for f'n long! ;)

A worry of mine.

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »
The VMS42 seller told me to send it to Redding.  He's paying for the repair so I'm not going to argue with him.  It's good to know for future reference that Vark is an option, and almost surely has faster turn-around time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:44:37 PM by SmokinJoe »
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline kennedy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Lezzy 🔥👁👁🖊🍻😘😷😍😷
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »
I voted for (3) I never much thought about it.  I don't know which I prefer.
Having run both MKx>kc5>cmc6 and MKx>nbox for years I'd be curious to hear a comp. I actually prefer my MKx>nbox tapes over my MKx>kc5>cmc6>v2 tapes FWIW

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »
Vark does good work, but their bench time is extremely expensive. Nearly $100/hour.

If you like the Nbox over CMC setups, the only scientific reason I can think of would be the 20-25hz roll-off which clears up some of the sub-sonic gunk. I am not so sure I would say it's better than CMC6s, but its certainly a very high quality replacement for bodies.

This should be pretty easy to comp as mono channels. When me and Acidjack can find a good opportunity, I've been thinking of the comping the following setups, with possibly a few others I can't disclose just yet:

MK > CMC6
MK > KC5 > CMC6
MK > KC5 > PFA
MK > KCY > Littlebox v2
MK > KCY > Tinybox v2
MK > KCY > PFA
MK > Nbox cables > Nbox+
MK > Nbox cables > Tinybox v2
MK > Nbox cables > PFA

Wish I still owned the CMR's, however they'd be pretty easy to reacquire for a comp.

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »
If you like the Nbox over CMC setups, the only scientific reason I can think of would be the 20-25hz roll-off which clears up some of the sub-sonic gunk.

Doesn't the nbox line use a different FET than the official bodies? That could contribute to it.

I remember they have different powering requirements, but I don't remember why in particular.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

Offline kennedy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Lezzy 🔥👁👁🖊🍻😘😷😍😷
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »
Vark does good work, but their bench time is extremely expensive. Nearly $100/hour.

If you like the Nbox over CMC setups, the only scientific reason I can think of would be the 20-25hz roll-off which clears up some of the sub-sonic gunk. I am not so sure I would say it's better than CMC6s, but its certainly a very high quality replacement for bodies.

This should be pretty easy to comp as mono channels. When me and Acidjack can find a good opportunity, I've been thinking of the comping the following setups, with possibly a few others I can't disclose just yet:

MK > CMC6
MK > KC5 > CMC6
MK > KC5 > PFA
MK > KCY > Littlebox v2
MK > KCY > Tinybox v2
MK > KCY > PFA
MK > Nbox cables > Nbox+
MK > Nbox cables > PFA

Wish I still owned the CMR's, however they'd be pretty easy to reacquire for a comp.

this would be quite the comp, get on it zach  :P

Offline hi and lo

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »
oh yes.. forgot about that. We comped Nbox cables > PFA vs KCY > PFA the other day and while there were more than a few reasons to not declare it definitive proof, I thought the nbox cables sounded ever so slightly better. Electrically, the FET circuits are not equivalent, but it would take someone far smarter than myself to say why one would be superior over the other.

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »

MK > CMC6
MK > KC5 > CMC6
MK > KC5 > PFA
MK > KCY > Littlebox v2
MK > KCY > Tinybox v2
MK > KCY > PFA
MK > Nbox cables > Nbox+
MK > Nbox cables > PFA

this would be quite the comp, get on it zach  :P

I'm just dreading the thought of having to haul all of that stuff to an actual show  :))

Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »
I'm just dreading the thought of having to haul all of that stuff to an actual show  :))

a good chuckle, but thats part of the reason I never did a comp between my 2 sets of caps. It's not that I don't have the gear to do it, I'm just lazy when it comes to schlepping everything out and setting up for a night.

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 10:47:11 AM »
I suppose we could do at least a four-way comp (since we only have two sets of 4 identical Schoeps caps anyway) at Mountain Jam during an opening band....
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline hi and lo

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 03:11:50 PM »
I actually think this would be better done under a controlled environment. No need to do it at a show.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »

Sherpas must not complain.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.367 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com