Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

Which mics would you preffer for metal taping?

DPA 4061
26 (76.5%)
SP-CMC-8
8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Stealthing very loud metal shows...extended from Team EVIL  (Read 22767 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: Stealthing very loud metal shows...extended from Team EVIL
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2004, 04:38:59 PM »
continuing the band talk in the actual team evil thread.  represent!

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Ekib

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2005, 02:01:54 PM »
I have been using Core Sound Cardioid mics' for about 7 years now.(the $ 250 version).I have had very good results with them.I like the "directness" these mic's provide.Usually I end up having a very good recording which I don't have to do too much about concerning mixing etc.
I am mainly taping metalshows and I would definitely recommend those.

But I have to say, I don’t mind it. I do object when I see people sticking microphones up my nose, in the front row. If I see anyone doing that [laughs] I’m going to have security remove them. Because that’s just obnoxious. But I don’t mind if people come and discreetly at the back make a recording of it. And I know that it’s just for their own use, for the superfan.
(Steven Wilson , interview http://blog.musoscribe.com/index.php/2011/01/25/interview-steven-wilson-on-audience-taping/ )

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2005, 04:25:29 PM »
Don't waste your money on anything from Core Sound except maybe HEBs. No offense to Ekib intended.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2005, 04:32:04 PM »
Don't waste your money on anything from Core Sound except maybe HEBs. No offense to Ekib intended.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Ekib

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2005, 05:46:29 PM »
Don't waste your money on anything from Core Sound except maybe HEBs. No offense to Ekib intended

Zhianosatch...So why don't you like Core-Sound?And more interesting what stuff do you use than that you think is better?When it comes to stealth taping I would't know better sounding mic's than they have.But who knows what I am missing.
Have you really heard recordings made with CSCD anyway?

But I have to say, I don’t mind it. I do object when I see people sticking microphones up my nose, in the front row. If I see anyone doing that [laughs] I’m going to have security remove them. Because that’s just obnoxious. But I don’t mind if people come and discreetly at the back make a recording of it. And I know that it’s just for their own use, for the superfan.
(Steven Wilson , interview http://blog.musoscribe.com/index.php/2011/01/25/interview-steven-wilson-on-audience-taping/ )

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2005, 01:38:29 AM »
Core Sound HEBs are just modded 4061s and cost hella cash.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline Evil Taper

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2005, 01:42:34 AM »
That's it....everyone should just go out and buy some friggin Schoeps already. 

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2005, 02:09:16 AM »
FOB vs FOS

i choose FOS unless i have a sbd rig going.  mainly because in my experience ppl tend to talk less in front of a speaker.

Offline Evil Taper

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2005, 03:10:11 AM »
Wasn't this topic already discussed in this thread?  It's up to you though...if you want a less ambient, less realistic recording instead of crowd noise then FOS is good.  FOB you can move around a bit to try to get away from chatters but IMO the recordings sounds alot more realistic and you get the live ambience from the venue that you're missing when you record FOS.  Venues color the sound which in some cases can be a negative addition to the recording, but when you record FOS you can end up with very unbalanced sound and it can sound like you recorded it off of someones stereo.  In the end though, it's up to the taper.

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
Don't waste your money on anything from Core Sound except maybe HEBs. No offense to Ekib intended

Zhianosatch...So why don't you like Core-Sound?

there are many reasons. :)

And more interesting what stuff do you use than that you think is better?

i use dpa 4061s. for less than the price of "core sound cardioids" you can get a pair of powered AT831s from sound pro that will destroy all competitors under $300. i keep my 831s as a backup and loan them out to friends.

When it comes to stealth taping I would't know better sounding mic's than they have.

i hear ya, man. for some reason, core sound has a good reputation among internet traders...

But who knows what I am missing.

stick around ts.com and you'll find out! ;D i know i did. you should read some of my early posts!

Have you really heard recordings made with CSCD anyway?

yes, a few. and i'm sorry to say that they all sounded like ass. again, no offense to you intended.
sorry for taking so long to reply!

Offline neognosis

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2005, 04:14:44 PM »
in my experience ppl tend to talk less in front of a speaker.

That's funny.  In my experience people tend to talk whenever they get close to my mics.   :P

It's only the real idiots who try to hold a conversation right in front of the stacks though.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com