Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need a new copy of Toast. Can anyone help! :)  (Read 1926 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Need a new copy of Toast. Can anyone help! :)
« on: July 09, 2020, 03:22:56 PM »
Greetings all,

Ever since we upgraded the OS on our iMac to Mojave (10.14.6) I have been unable to use my old version of Toast.
A friend in Boston sent me a hard drive with over 400 gigs of Grateful Dead video and I cannot even view any of it without a program.
On a budget and really didn't want to have to spend $100 or more for a new copy.

Can anyone help?

Currently home from work on Family Leave & Care Act to take care of my wife who broke both of her feet in a fall down our back steps.

Glad to send out anything from my list via Wetransfer.com.

Thanks,

ONT-
https://etreedb.org/Oldneumanntapr

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Need a new copy of Toast. Can anyone help! :)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 05:53:21 PM »
Greetings all,
Ever since we upgraded the OS on our iMac to Mojave (10.14.6) I have been unable to use my old version of Toast.
A friend in Boston sent me a hard drive with over 400 gigs of Grateful Dead video and I cannot even view any of it without a program.
On a budget and really didn't want to have to spend $100 or more for a new copy.
Are they disc images?
I think the .TOAST files might be able to be renamed as .ISO or perhaps .DMG and read with any OS?
Try that, then try opening the discs in VLC?

*NOTE: Changing a Toast disc image's file extension from ".toast" to ".iso" may allow the file to be opened by Windows disc authoring programs as well as Apple's Disk Utility software. However, compatibility is not guaranteed.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 06:54:04 PM »
I have no idea. The files I want to burn to DVD are all video files, so I can offload them from the external hard drive and free up space. They were sent to me on another hard drive.

Offline morst

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 03:12:24 AM »

Sorry I didn't read carefully, I thought you required TOAST to open files with the .TOAST extension.
400 gigs of Grateful Dead video and I cannot even view any of it without a program.
Let me know the file types and I can work with you on these. But for now, can you open any of them in VLC?
https://www.videolan.org/index.html

Offline TheMetalist

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sverige/Sweden/Suède
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 06:21:59 AM »
I don't know anything about Apple computers but when searching around I found that you can see/open Toast files with Unknown Apple II File.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:24:43 AM by TheMetalist »
"The music is your passport - Your magic key - To all the madness that awaits you." B.L. '86

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 01:01:31 PM »
I just want want to burn the video files to DVD for playback in my DVD player so I can free up space on the external drive. I used to have a copy of Toast that worked really well but because of Apple's software updates I am no longer able to use it.

I was hoping that someone could send me a newer copy but if not then I will just delete some of these video files. They came as 'extras' on a hard drive that a friend sent to me a year or so ago. Video files take up a lot of space that could better be used to store FLAC, but I wanted to try and keep them.

Thanks.

ONT-

Offline morst

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 02:40:40 PM »
I just want want to burn the video files to DVD for playback in my DVD player so I can free up space on the external drive. I used to have a copy of Toast that worked really well but because of Apple's software updates I am no longer able to use it.
Probably way too much trouble, when it would be much easier to throw out the files, but you could use a spare external drive, and the DVD that came with the Mac, and install the original OS on the spare drive, boot from the old OS, install your ancient TOAST and toast away!?

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 02:03:11 PM »
Probably way too much trouble, when it would be much easier to throw out the files, but you could use a spare external drive, and the DVD that came with the Mac, and install the original OS on the spare drive, boot from the old OS, install your ancient TOAST and toast away!?

I got rid of the old software when it was obvious that it would no longer work with the new OS.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com