Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack ROCKED for LIVE session backup!!  (Read 2589 times)

Offline johntpt25

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Microtrack ROCKED for LIVE session backup!!
« on: December 11, 2005, 07:48:08 PM »
Just got done recording a LIVE session of a classical xmas concert - used a pair of Schoepps MK2s through a Mackie 1642 and tape out to TRS in on MT.  Used L setting, gain all the way down with 44.1/16 bit - so I could fit the whole gig on a 2gb card.  It sounds great, very quiet and flawless from what I can see on the graph (Peak 4).  I run a conservative level on my recordings so it never went above -8 on my Alesis Masterlink, but hit -1.5 on MT.   So the input appears to be 6db hotter than line level. 
Sounds GREAT!!  I'm so glad I used it too, because the Alesis has been writing errored discs on 24->16 conversions and I might just use the MT files instead of mucking around with splitting the files, and making CD24 discs. 

Love this machine.

sample of MT file below... :D

RebelRebel

Re: Microtrack ROCKED for LIVE session backup!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 08:04:48 PM »
Nice sample man! Those schoeps sound nice. I just picked up a pair myself. Do you use the bodies or actives??what configuration did you use for that concert?

Teddy

Just got done recording a LIVE session of a classical xmas concert - used a pair of Schoepps MK2s through a Mackie 1642 and tape out to TRS in on MT.  Used L setting, gain all the way down with 44.1/16 bit - so I could fit the whole gig on a 2gb card.  It sounds great, very quiet and flawless from what I can see on the graph (Peak 4).  I run a conservative level on my recordings so it never went above -8 on my Alesis Masterlink, but hit -1.5 on MT.   So the input appears to be 6db hotter than line level. 
Sounds GREAT!!  I'm so glad I used it too, because the Alesis has been writing errored discs on 24->16 conversions and I might just use the MT files instead of mucking around with splitting the files, and making CD24 discs. 

Love this machine.

sample of MT file below... :D

Offline johntpt25

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
Just a spaced pair (~12") of full size MK2 bodies set at (almost) 90º dropped from the ceiling of a local hall.  ~40 feet up/40 feet back.

Thanks!

Offline Busman Audio

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 09:01:13 PM »
That sounds very nice.
Busman mics of all kinds>some type of busman modified recorder.

"Just Mod It"

Offline rustle

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 10:26:45 AM »
"Once in a while you can get shone the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J. Garcia, R. Hunter

“Physical discomfort is important only when the mood is wrong. Then you fasten on to whatever thing is uncomfortable and call that the cause. But if the mood is right, then physical discomfort doesn't mean much.” - Robert Pirsig, author, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Offline cybermansrev

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 11:54:34 AM »
Wow that does sound good!
Made me dig out some classical for the first time in years :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com