Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Getting new gear  (Read 1796 times)

Offline unidentified

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Getting new gear
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2024, 01:22:38 PM »
Agree with all of the above except for the negative comments about the quality of the sound from the Church mics. I think they sound fantastic and I personally prefer them to the admitedly excellent Sound Professional mics recommended above (I own both types). That said, the Church CA14 mics are more lightly built and far more prone to use-related damage. Luckily, Neutrino does a great job of repairing these mics when needed. Keep your eyes peeled for a used set, since  buying new ones can involve unpredictable and frustrating wait times.

Offline SadTeacher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • phen24
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2024, 05:14:22 AM »
I would post a wanted as in the Yard Sale here. Surely someone has a set of those Audio Technica mics (or the older ones with fixed cardioid capsules) they are not using

And if you find a pair without the low-sensitivity mod, Sound Professionals will do it for $50:

https://soundprofessionals.com/product/SP-4.7K-MOD/

Can you please confirm that the mentioned price is same for all ?

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 03:46:13 PM »
I would post a wanted as in the Yard Sale here. Surely someone has a set of those Audio Technica mics (or the older ones with fixed cardioid capsules) they are not using
And if you find a pair without the low-sensitivity mod, Sound Professionals will do it for $50:
https://soundprofessionals.com/product/SP-4.7K-MOD/
Can you please confirm that the mentioned price is same for all ?

All you have to do is click on the link and it shows you the price. $50 for straight connector, $60 for right angle connector.

Presumably this is for mics you are in the process of purchasing from them but if you want to confirm other variables or details you should get in touch with Sound Professionals themselves. Their customer service is great and one of them is a member here.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 04:14:54 PM »
All you have to do is click on the link and it shows you the price. $50 for straight connector, $60 for right angle connector.

Presumably this is for mics you are in the process of purchasing from them but if you want to confirm other variables or details you should get in touch with Sound Professionals themselves. Their customer service is great and one of them is a member here.

It's for any AT-853 mics, regardless of where they were bought in the first place. I've had them do the mod on two different mic sets I had purchased from the Yard Sale here, both of which have performed beautifully since.

And agreed on their customer service: Chris Carfagno is the best at both answering questions and providing service: info@soundprofessionals.com

Offline unidentified

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2024, 04:47:56 PM »

It's for any AT-853 mics, regardless of where they were bought in the first place. I've had them do the mod on two different mic sets I had purchased from the Yard Sale here, both of which have performed beautifully since.

And agreed on their customer service: Chris Carfagno is the best at both answering questions and providing service: info@soundprofessionals.com

Very true!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com