Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Superclamp stud and T-Bar wanting to not get tight  (Read 1820 times)

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Superclamp stud and T-Bar wanting to not get tight
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:34:11 PM »
I just got a super clamp, 3/8 stud and have a 5/8 adapter. My issue is its not like you can tighten your t-bar and have it stop moving, it just stays loose and could slip down. Whats the best way to keep it in place, use gaffers tape under it to give it stopping point?

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Superclamp stud and T-Bar wanting to not get tight
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »
I just got a super clamp, 3/8 stud and have a 5/8 adapter. My issue is its not like you can tighten your t-bar and have it stop moving, it just stays loose and could slip down. Whats the best way to keep it in place, use gaffers tape under it to give it stopping point?

the clamp could slip down? I'm misunderstanding what's still moving. Can you clarify? Maybe I can help.

I go commonly go [pole > superclamp > 3/8th stud > 5/8th adaptor > shockmount] and I can get mine to where *nothing* moves.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: Superclamp stud and T-Bar wanting to not get tight
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:11:19 PM »
slip a washer under the adaptor to create a stop.
good thinking Moke +T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.157 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com