Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: can I DIY mod AT933PM mics for stealth use  (Read 1646 times)

Offline thclevel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
can I DIY mod AT933PM mics for stealth use
« on: April 11, 2006, 01:40:02 PM »
I have found some AT933PM/C mics for sale that are coming out of a church. They have 50' of cable, either cardiod or hyper caps (trying to find out now), and are missing the plate power module that orginally came with them.

I think I would like to put some mini-xlr connectors on the end (for future upgrades) and get an adapter to run the two mini-xlrs to a 1/8" stereo mini-plug to run into a little batt box/pre (probably one from Church Audio).

Is there anything different about the mics in the AT933PM from other AT933 models?

Will the mod of shortening the cable and installing mini-XLRs be very difficult? (I have some small soldering experience)
What about wiring both mics straight to a 1/8" stereo plug: Would this make more sense (not sure, please advise)? Would that be any easier or harder to DIY install?

Where can I get a pre-made 2 female mini-XLR to 1/8" stereo mini-plug adapter? or should I make this too?

CHURCH-AUDIO

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: can I DIY mod AT933PM mics for stealth use
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 01:46:56 PM »

Send them to me I will hook you up with a nice preamp and put new connectors on the mics for you.

I have found some AT933PM/C mics for sale that are coming out of a church. They have 50' of cable, either cardiod or hyper caps (trying to find out now), and are missing the plate power module that orginally came with them.

I think I would like to put some mini-xlr connectors on the end (for future upgrades) and get an adapter to run the two mini-xlrs to a 1/8" stereo mini-plug to run into a little batt box/pre (probably one from Church Audio).

Is there anything different about the mics in the AT933PM from other AT933 models?

Will the mod of shortening the cable and installing mini-XLRs be very difficult? (I have some small soldering experience)
What about wiring both mics straight to a 1/8" stereo plug: Would this make more sense (not sure, please advise)? Would that be any easier or harder to DIY install?

Where can I get a pre-made 2 female mini-XLR to 1/8" stereo mini-plug adapter? or should I make this too?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.161 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com