Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Got my stand but I have a screw issue.  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Got my stand but I have a screw issue.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 06:13:19 PM »
According to the specs on that eBay stand, it's a 5/8" male stud tip.

Assuming the 'lux bar takes a 5/8" thread, you need the following in addition to the part you reference:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=productlist.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&shs=bogen+3102&image.x=0&image.y=0

Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 07:26:02 PM »
According to the specs on that eBay stand, it's a 5/8" male stud tip.

Assuming the 'lux bar takes a 5/8" thread, you need the following in addition to the part you reference:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=productlist.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&shs=bogen+3102&image.x=0&image.y=0

Sorry, but your search did not return any results, please try a different selection

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 08:25:45 PM »
you will need something like this...

depending on your superlux mount you may or may not need the 3/8" > 5/8" adapter

micsupply.com has them for $17 including the 3/8" > 5/8" adapter
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline Oysterhead00

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 09:51:25 PM »
Or this for under $2

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=400109&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

They have other "step up" adapters for whatever size you need.  The eBay link you sent said the stand had a 5/8" thread so you shouldn't need anything...but if you have a 1/4" or 3/8" (mine came with a double sided adapter with those settings) this will work fine, it's what I use.
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 10:15:33 PM »
How is the construction on that bad boy?  Does it have the feel like a Bogen?  The tip is a stud?  Not a screw end at all?  The background pic shows a screw in (the camera screw in size), is that right?

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • surly tapir
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 12:46:49 AM »
i have one of those ebay light stands.  if you are going to use the thread at the top of the stud you are going to need to get a 1/4>3/8 & a 3/8>5/8 adapter.  that is TWO (2) different adapters to get to the 5/8 threading.

mikey's (terrapinj) suggestion is fine as well... as is moke's with the clamp.

i am actually looking to change over to my clamp as my primary mount on my stand... although i would love to get a quick release set up on that so i can use my shure vert.... but honestly that fucker is so heavy that i dont trust it with adapters on the top of that little 1/4 thread... i might go mikey's suggestion for the shure vert...

**edit to add:  i double checked the one you linked to and i didnt see a threaded nib at the top of the stud, my stand is a slightly different model 806A**
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 02:12:19 AM by jeromejello »
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 01:41:21 AM »
The eBay link you sent said the stand had a 5/8" thread so you shouldn't need anything...

I don't think so.  As I read the specs (see the right most image in the spec section), it indicates a 5/8" stud, not a 5/8" thread.  Hence, the need for this adapter (sorry I flubbed the link on the first post):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=5357&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

And if that still doesn't work, search B&H for "Bogen 3102".
Roland R-05

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 12:06:07 PM »
i have that exact stand, there is NO threading on top, just a 5/8" STUD. if you look at the specs it shows a picture of the studded tip and says 5/8" next to it. the air-cushioned stand they make which is about 10' has a 1/4" thread on it, but I still use the quick release adapter.

you either need a clamp or the quick release that I referenced above, i recommend the quick release as it is faster to put on and off the stand but more importantly it puts the weight directly over the top of the stand, which IMO helps make it slightly more stable, especially in the event it is kicked.

its definately not bogen quality construction, but it is a great stand, pretty large, with a hefty footprint, but I have found it to be an ideal festival stand, as it can go really high if the need be, and it heavy enough to be able to support a good bit of weight should others want to clamp on. definately well worth the $.

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »
How is the construction on that bad boy?  Does it have the feel like a Bogen?  The tip is a stud?  Not a screw end at all?  The background pic shows a screw in (the camera screw in size), is that right?
It seems nice, only issue it seems to take of a little paint in when I bring it up and down. There is no screw just a big stud.

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 11:39:38 AM »
 if you go with this thing:  Bogen / Manfrotto Rapid Adapter - 5/8" Stud to 3/8" Male Thread, you'll need this thing:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=147276&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
db

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 12:11:18 AM »
if you go with this thing:  Bogen / Manfrotto Rapid Adapter - 5/8" Stud to 3/8" Male Thread, you'll need this thing:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=147276&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

FWIW, the above linked adapter (1/4"-female > 5/8" male) will work with the Rapid Adapter with the 1/4"-male tip, as opposed to the Bogen Rapid Adapter with the 3/8"-male tip referenced previously.  I prefer the 3/8" tip because some shockmounts / clips are 3/8" natively (though granted not many), thus requiring no adapter at all.  And, my Bogen Heavy Duty Flex Arm screws directly onto the 3/8"-male thread.
Roland R-05

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 05:08:45 AM »
I just got one of these DYNATRAN (amvona.com) stands and I will say, you cannot beat such a bargain deal on a light stand.  Bid at $10 and it will be the best $22 investment ever (and if you are lucky, you might nail it for $5).  Also, the AS-803 has a 1/4" screw on the top!!!! YEAH!!  The only issue I have and will note is that the tubes all have some sort of groove that helps to lock it down, that means, you cannot just rotate the tube (by releasing the tension on the section), you gotta turn the whole stand.  Kind of a bummer for the perfectionist-tweaker who adjusts the angles of the mics relative to the stage, CONSTANTLY!

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 12:36:32 PM »
I just got one of these DYNATRAN (amvona.com) stands and I will say, you cannot beat such a bargain deal on a light stand.  Bid at $10 and it will be the best $22 investment ever (and if you are lucky, you might nail it for $5).  Also, the AS-803 has a 1/4" screw on the top!!!! YEAH!!  The only issue I have and will note is that the tubes all have some sort of groove that helps to lock it down, that means, you cannot just rotate the tube (by releasing the tension on the section), you gotta turn the whole stand.  Kind of a bummer for the perfectionist-tweaker who adjusts the angles of the mics relative to the stage, CONSTANTLY!

i have one of those air cushioned stands, and was bummed that you couldn't rotate the stand. thats why I personally found that quick adapter to be crucial for this stand even though there is the 1/4" threading, its nice to be able to make adjustments using the stand adaptder.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com