Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Need marantz PMD661 firmware help!

<< < (2/4) > >>

DigiGal:
^^ exactly, all you have to do from the manufacturer page for the product is select the downloads tab and click on the latest firmware link http://denonpro.com/products/view/pmd661#.VqZzWrYrJdh

yug du nord:
I'm running stock firmware with my original 661...  which has an Oade Brother's modification.
Oade recommends NOT updating firmware on decks that they have mod'd.  And I've never felt the need to update.

Is there any significant reason to consider updating firmware??

Thanks!

DigiGal:
Personally I'm still running v2.04 because they never documented the changes for v2.05 and didn't respond to my inquiry regarding the changes.  Can't speak for Oade decks but have seen Doug's post advising against firmware updates for Oade 661's.

PMD661 Firmware Details Version 2.04
Resolved issues below:
1. Fixed bug where the unit sometimes would not power on.
Previously fixed issues:
1. Expanded SD and SDHC card compatibility.
2. Fixed unit locking up when using pitch control on 24 bit 96 kHz files.
3. Resolved issue where setting EDL marks may corrupt the ‘Date Created’ in the file
properties.
4. Fixed formatting issue when the SD card is formatted in a different device.

yug du nord:
^Thank you!!   8)

Terence12:
I am resurrecting this thread since I am in exactly the situation as the original poster. I have an old PMD661 with v1.17 firmware, meaning it is incompatible with many current HCSD cards.  Except that now in January 2022 it appears that Marantz no longer has a firmware update link for the original (Mark I) PMD661. My understanding is the last firmware version was v2.05. Does anyone have the firmware update or know how I can access it?

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version