Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TSKB: Rec. A small stand for stage lip on stage.  (Read 1750 times)

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
TSKB: Rec. A small stand for stage lip on stage.
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:28:53 AM »
I have been wanting to pick up a smaller stand for lip and on stage. Maybe fob stuff as well but not sure if theres one out there that can do it all.

Small profile etc. Any recs ?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:52:38 AM by kindms »
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline tcf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: TSKB: Rec. A small stand for stage lip on stage.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 04:02:34 PM »
I use the mini bogen for fob/section and stage lip.  Works well in all three situations.  When opened up, it's about 3' at the smallest and probably 7 at the highest.  Very unobrusive.  If I was doing only stage lip, I'd hacksaw the vox mic stand like Moke does.  The kick drum stands I've used always seem like they would be unstable if knocked.  The boom stand cut in half would be more stable in my opinion.

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
I don't know who makes mine... But if you have a guitar center near you they have a drum stand for about $20.  It's a few feet high with a heavy rectangular base that is about 3"X5".
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 04:15:16 PM »
http://www.amvona.com/?page=shop/flypage&view=1&product_id=1629

I've got two of these I use all the time for on stage or stage lip if it's one of those step up stages.  Cheap enough here and you can score 'em even cheaper on fleabay from the manufacturers fleabay store, sometimes scoring an incredible deal if no one else is bidding on it.  Bid low, like $7 or 8 if there's a no traffic sale and it's about to close and you'll save $10...

edit to add you'll need an adapter to get to 3/8" or 5/8", as these stands terminate in 1/4".
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:17:20 PM by deanlambrecht »
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline Low Spark

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 08:35:41 PM »
http://www.amvona.com/?page=shop/flypage&view=1&product_id=1629

I've got two of these I use all the time for on stage or stage lip if it's one of those step up stages.  Cheap enough here and you can score 'em even cheaper on fleabay from the manufacturers fleabay store, sometimes scoring an incredible deal if no one else is bidding on it.  Bid low, like $7 or 8 if there's a no traffic sale and it's about to close and you'll save $10...

edit to add you'll need an adapter to get to 3/8" or 5/8", as these stands terminate in 1/4".

What he said. I scored mine for .99 plus shipping.
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 12:48:47 PM »
thanks guys
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com