Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone ever build a shelf for the inside of their Sonicase?  (Read 1429 times)

Offline shaunpekar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Dose Your Face
    • My Live Music Collection
Anyone ever build a shelf for the inside of their Sonicase?
« on: October 28, 2007, 08:02:33 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has built custom shelves for the inside of their sonicase...

I built a set this weekend and they F'n ROCK!!!

I love my 3 shelf Sonicase, but it was way to deep for my gear. I run a UA5 > JB3, and I got tired of the UA5 slipping into the back of the bag. I also keep the UA5 on the middle shelf, and with nothing underneath to support it, the shelves would sag under the weight when the bag was horizontal.

So I went and got some 1/8" Acrylic Plexiglass and built two shelves/supports for the inside of my bag. The bottom support is essentially a 7.5" long by 10" wide by 2" tall open ended rectangular prism, open at the top and bottom. This gives the 2nd shelf support for the UA5.

The 2nd shelf is similar to the 1st shelf, except it is only 1.75" tall, and the top of the rectangle is only as long as the UA5 so that I have access to the rear of the UA5. The sides of the rectangle are moved in about .5" on each side, and there are tabs mounted on the inside of shelf so that the UA5 sits flush with the front of the Bag. I can pull out the entire shelf unit with UA5 mounted inside, and have access to the rear of the unit, and with the set in sides of the shelf, I can run cables up both sides and out the side panels of the bag.

I assembled the shelves from the plexiglass and silicone caulk. I had the silicone caulk already, so the whole project cost about 15 dollars (4 sq. ft. of Plexi, a 2 by 2 sheet) and took about 8 hours to finish.

They aren't the prettiest items but they work great!

Pictures to come soon...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 08:10:34 PM by shaunpekar »
JM27's > FR2LE

Face to face we will meet again, But never eye to eye

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Anyone ever build a shelf for the inside of their Sonicase?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 01:12:11 AM »
They aren't the prettiest items but they work great!

Pictures to come soon...

Looking forward to pics.  Beauty is as beauty does.  :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com