Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My First Epic Fail  (Read 7546 times)

Offline yawnfactory

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: My First Epic Fail
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 04:51:38 PM »
energizer ultimate lithium are the best. 8-10hrs

Offline sunjan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 05:47:30 AM »
But 9 volt rechagables are tricky.  Most '9v rechargeables' produce less than 9v and have significantly reduced power capacity.  The special higher 9.6v Maha's work fine in my Church Audio and DPA preamps though and are the only higher voltage rechargable 9v's I know of.

DLG, Vapex and Kingman Spyder are the three other common brands on the market:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,115620.0.html

Note that Maha usually ships with a 110V only charger. No good if you intend to use it in Europe...
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 09:32:47 AM »
But 9 volt rechagables are tricky.  Most '9v rechargeables' produce less than 9v and have significantly reduced power capacity.  The special higher 9.6v Maha's work fine in my Church Audio and DPA preamps though and are the only higher voltage rechargable 9v's I know of.

DLG, Vapex and Kingman Spyder are the three other common brands on the market:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,115620.0.html

Note that Maha usually ships with a 110V only charger. No good if you intend to use it in Europe...

Good to know there are others making these too now.  Last I looked there were two Maha 9.6v chargers- a big 10 bay charger (don't know the details on that one) and the 4 bay charger I use which runs off 12vdc.  Mine came with both a 110VAC transformer and a 12VDC cigarette lighter car cord, but I think they sell a version with an international SMPS..

Found it- International versions 1/2 way down this page at Thomas Distributing: International MH-C490F Charger and Charger Combo Kits
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com