Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Re: minidisc skipping/wobbling  (Read 7239 times)

Offline snapple ryes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • ``release the hounds
Re: minidisc skipping/wobbling
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2004, 01:21:23 AM »
Which Death Cab show did you tape?  I just taped them Wednesday myself.

same show you did, at the crystal. im assuming you were the guy with that giant mic stand? i was going to go up to you after the show and ask if you wanted to swap recordings, but my stupid friends rushed me out. although i did get to talk with somebody who videotaped most of the show. hopefully i'll be able to score a copy from him. i have my doubts though, since for some reason trades with videotapers i meet usually never go through.

my recording turned so-so. the drums and bass sound good, but the vocals and the guitar distort most of the time. it's a very loud recording, and even though i was standing on one of the benches on the left side of the venue, the disc turned out with pretty heavy crowd noise b/w songs. probably because i had the mics plugged into the mic-in slot, and not optical/line out. i actually ought to make a different thread asking about that.

are you planning to share your recording, or would you care to do a trade? id offer mine, but as of now i have no way to transfer MD>CDR.

and to everyone else, i taped another show just yesterday(the swords project), with the fuji MD's, and this one also turned out with no skips. i think i'll stick with these until i have any problems. i guess some individual decks are screwy with certain brands. i still have the reciept for these though(just in case).
- The isolation of science from feeling, emotion, purpose, singular events, and historic identity, endeared it to more limited minds. But it is not, perhaps, an accident that most of the great spirits in science, from Kepler and Newton to Faraday and Einstein, kept alive in their thought the presence of God - not as a mode of explaining events, but as a reminder of why they're ultimately as unexplainable today as they were in their time.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/abandonshows/past_torrents.html

"been there done that" attitudes are for folks who are too cool to be happy.

Offline ChrisV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
Re: minidisc skipping/wobbling
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 04:42:54 PM »
Yep, that is me the tall person with the big stand ;p

Sure, I am always glad to trade recordings...I love to collect other people's sources for any shows I attend.   I plan on sharing it as a Bittorrent on STG since there is no archive.org I don't think for DCFC.   I think the recordings of all 3 bands came out nice....probably the best recording I've done with my new mics so far.   The vocals always seem a little muddy at Crystal Ballroom but they actually came out better on my recording than it seemed like at the actual show so I was pleasantly surprised there.

When I finish up on tracking it and share it I'll let you know.  If you know Bittorrent that should work out good or if not I can just send you a copy of the show.    Definately let me know if anything comes about with the video...I'd be really interested in that.   If they want to make a DVD out of it feel free to use my audio if they want to sync with the video.    I could also probably find someone who could do that too if they don't know how or don't want to.   Did they tape the Thermals or BK too?

As for your minidisc transfer yes you do want to do it with a deck that can transfer it digitally.   Kevin(blu666z) did all my minidisc transfers for me when I had a MD.   He is from Seattle area and does very nice work and I think still has a standing offer to do transfers in a thread on this board :)
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com