Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-Audiofile for windows  (Read 68044 times)

cshepherd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DVD-Audiofile for windows
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2006, 11:23:44 AM »
Hey Guys,
My java is up to date.  Here is the screen shot.  Thanks for the help.

Chris
Eugene Hi-Fi
Eugene, Ore.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2006, 12:43:51 PM »
what java version?

cshepherd

« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2006, 01:02:51 PM »
Java Runtime Environment SE, v1.4.2

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2006, 01:28:47 PM »
Don't you have to add file(s) to get the create ISO button? If you add a file to the layout, it still doesn't appear?
Out of the game … for now?

cshepherd

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2006, 01:43:26 PM »
The 'create iso' button never appears.  I used the 'add files' button at the bottom, fwiw.

Chris
Eugene Hi-Fi
Eugene, Ore.

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2006, 03:39:27 PM »
How much free hard disk space do you need, relative to the size of the ISO file that should result?  I've tried creating some images and ended up with ISO files that were smaller than they should be and there were no error messages thrown that would indicate that something went wrong.

Also, can you mix flac and wav files in the same group?

What is the purpose of multiple groups?  Is it like chapters in a video DVD?  (Sorry for the clearly newb question.)
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

RebelRebel

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2006, 06:19:56 PM »
multiple groups means you can have one group of 16/44.1 and one group of 24/96,, etc.(you cant mix and match sample rates within one group..all the files in one group have to be the same).or to use different groups for set changes.,yeah, sorta like chapters..
How much free hard disk space do you need, relative to the size of the ISO file that should result?  I've tried creating some images and ended up with ISO files that were smaller than they should be and there were no error messages thrown that would indicate that something went wrong.

Also, can you mix flac and wav files in the same group?

What is the purpose of multiple groups?  Is it like chapters in a video DVD?  (Sorry for the clearly newb question.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 06:21:59 PM by Teddy »

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »
So, I should be able to mix flac and wav in the same chapter as long as all sources are the same rate/resolution?
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

RebelRebel

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2006, 06:46:40 PM »
I just tried that, Spark..

yeah it works.

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2006, 07:23:48 PM »
OK, then I must be trying to create a bigger image file than my computer's hard drivehas room to compile and that's causing it not to play.  I'll just try a smaller compilation of material to ensure that the computer has enough scratch space as it compiles the image.  Hopefully that will work.  I'm still trying to figure out if any of my players will deal with DVD-A.  My Philips deck (DVP 642) seems to accurately identify the disc as a DVD Audio disc, but then kicks it out.  I don't know if it's supposed to play DVD-A or not.  On the other hand, WinDVD is supposed to work with DVD-A discs and it does not even seem to recognize the disc I've burned.

So, I still have the question about how much extra room you need on a hard drive in order to successfully compile a full DVD-A.  I'd appreciate any hints that you may have.

RebelRebel

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2006, 07:33:13 PM »
I just tried that too. 2.45 gigs for the folder that contains the audio ts and video ts,..and 1.59 gigs for the .iso

5-6 gigs/??? ???

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2006, 11:32:15 PM »
The 'create iso' button never appears.  I used the 'add files' button at the bottom, fwiw.

Chris
Eugene Hi-Fi
Eugene, Ore.

this still makes no sense to me.  i'll try sending you a copy that moves it around to test some stuff out

cshepherd

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2006, 11:44:32 PM »
Thanks for your efforts, Scott.  I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Chris

Chris
Eugene Hi-Fi
Eugene, Ore.

this still makes no sense to me.  i'll try sending you a copy that moves it around to test some stuff out

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2006, 10:54:58 AM »
OK, then I must be trying to create a bigger image file than my computer's hard drivehas room to compile and that's causing it not to play.  I'll just try a smaller compilation of material to ensure that the computer has enough scratch space as it compiles the image.  Hopefully that will work.  I'm still trying to figure out if any of my players will deal with DVD-A.  My Philips deck (DVP 642) seems to accurately identify the disc as a DVD Audio disc, but then kicks it out.  I don't know if it's supposed to play DVD-A or not.  On the other hand, WinDVD is supposed to work with DVD-A discs and it does not even seem to recognize the disc I've burned.

So, I still have the question about how much extra room you need on a hard drive in order to successfully compile a full DVD-A.  I'd appreciate any hints that you may have.

As far as I can tell, you need twice the HD space as the resulting ISO to compile it.  As in, if you are making a 4gig ISO, you need 8gig free space.  It seems to generate the folder(say 4gig), then makes the ISO from the folder(another 4gig) then deletes the folder.
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2006, 12:05:46 PM »

As far as I can tell, you need twice the HD space as the resulting ISO to compile it.  As in, if you are making a 4gig ISO, you need 8gig free space.  It seems to generate the folder(say 4gig), then makes the ISO from the folder(another 4gig) then deletes the folder.

Exactly. It creates the audio_ts/video_ts folders from whatever compatible audio file you have loaded and then uses those 2 folders to create the .iso image.

So, if I'm using flac files, does it first unpack the flacs to wav, then use that to make the AUIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, then create the ISO image?  If that's the case, I guess you'd need approximately 1/2 the size of the flacs, plus twice the size of the resulting image.

Man, I need to get some of my video projects archived properly so that I have some room.  It sounds like you really need about 12 G free in order to compile a full 4.7 G DVD if the source is flac, 10 G if the source is wav.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com