Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: getting back into taping after a break  (Read 8809 times)

Offline Big Perm

• Trade Count: (67)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rage, Rest, work a lot, Repeat
Re: getting back into taping after a break
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »
I have nothing more really to say about all of this except i ran a stock 671 (im assuming its very simular to the 661) for several years and my ears really liked the a/d on it.  That being said, if you decide to go with something different, I will take that sonasax off you hands ;D  LEts make a deal :o
Mics: Schoeps mk4v| mk41v | mk22 | mk8 & mk5 (m/s)
         Schoeps m222> nt222dc (x2)
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         Schoeps KCY 250/5 IG (x2) Schoeps KC 5g (x2)
         DPA 4015c
Pre’s: Sonosax SX-M2D2
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2
Recorder: Sonosax sx-r4+, SD702, Sony m10

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: getting back into taping after a break
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »

Good to hear.  I wonder what was up with those reports I read?

I think you're referring to one of my previous posts.  Honestly, after thinking about it some more, I have to revise my input to say that I don't know what was up with the 661.  In retrospect, perhaps I shouldn't have posted because I didn't fully diagnose what my own issue was.  Since I was using the 661 as a bitbucket, I never needed to figure it out further. 

Anyway, when I had the 661, I wanted to test how the unit sounded through the XLRs, so I set it up with my Oade preamps outputting to the XLRs.  In this configuration, I was getting significant noise using the XLRs.  Since I'd read previously that unbalanced inputs to the 661 was a no-go, I just made an assumption that was the problem and didn't diagnose any further.  However, now that I'm thinking more about it, since I didn't do any diagnosis for myself, I don't know for sure if this is absolutely true...my previous statement was based on an assumption that what I'd read about the XLRs was actually true.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:06:33 AM by tonedeaf »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 1.66 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com