Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Starting out St**lth style...  (Read 8268 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re: Starting out St**lth style...
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 09:32:33 AM »
Knowing nothing about all the different set ups before I found this place, I'm grateful for all the opinions/ideas here. In my original post I shoulda said I wanted to spend around £400-500 for the lot. Looks like I'm going for one set of externals (For now), the SP-CMC-4U with LOW SENS MOD, cardiod capsules, with the SPSB-8 batt. box and the R-09hr. I'll add to it when the money's rolling in instead of out again. Gotta say thanks to AcidJack for helping me out with allsorts. Nice one.  ;)

That's a nice setup; you should be happy with it.  Good luck with everything!
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline junkyardt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 11:27:44 PM »
Knowing nothing about all the different set ups before I found this place, I'm grateful for all the opinions/ideas here. In my original post I shoulda said I wanted to spend around £400-500 for the lot. Looks like I'm going for one set of externals (For now), the SP-CMC-4U with LOW SENS MOD, cardiod capsules, with the SPSB-8 batt. box and the R-09hr. I'll add to it when the money's rolling in instead of out again. Gotta say thanks to AcidJack for helping me out with allsorts. Nice one.  ;)

yes, i am quite happy with SP-CMC-4U after a couple years of use, i think the OP will be happy with them too. OP, shoot me a PM if you want my take on mounting these both stealthily and steadily.

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »
Stealthing with the recorder in the shirt pocket works until you want to look at the levels or just look at the display to make sure the recorder is recording.

Completely disagree. I've heard this before and I don't get it. How hard is it to open the shirt pocket a bit, look over top of the recorder and check the levels? You'd be seeing the meter upside down, but with a minute's practice at home, it shouldn't be a problem.

AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline Fonky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2010, 05:40:45 PM »

yes, i am quite happy with SP-CMC-4U after a couple years of use, i think the OP will be happy with them too. OP, shoot me a PM if you want my take on mounting these both stealthily and steadily.

PM sent.  ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com