Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Overkill for a novice?  (Read 8902 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Overkill for a novice?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 04:19:56 PM »
it sucks

I wish I had in class finals, 3 hours and it's done... instead I had to write 3 papers and do 2 two week take homes

I just want it to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn tim, poor bastard.  :( Makes me not miss college at all. Seemed like an awful ot of work to me to get my bachelors. I feel your pain..+T

Ray

That ain't shit considering the grand scheme of things. I'm by no means trying to belittle the amount of work you gotta do. I remember my last week with finals/projects/papers/presentations. I thought'd it'd never die. However, when it's all done - that's the scary part. Real life sucks!

these aren't some undergrad papers that you can bang out in a night, and when they give you 2 weeks to take a test you'll need all 14 days. this is a little more strenous than getting my bachelors degree :P

i have no idea how i got my bachelors givewn the copious amount of poison i was putting in my body.
My music Bachelors was hard as fuck. On the average at my school, the music majors had to take about 20 more hours than any other course of study. Theory, pedagogy, and ear training, whupped my ass. i may go get my masters or doctorate if i get back on drugs.  ;)

i wish you Godspeed man., the bar is some tough shit from what i hear.

Ray

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2005, 04:27:51 PM »
these aren't some undergrad papers that you can bang out in a night, and when they give you 2 weeks to take a test you'll need all 14 days. this is a little more strenous than getting my bachelors degree :P

ah come on...how difficult can it be...I mean Davis is a lawyer :P

yes I am kidding

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2005, 04:46:43 PM »

My music Bachelors was hard as fuck. On the average at my school, the music majors had to take about 20 more hours than any other course of study. Theory, pedagogy, and ear training, whupped my ass. i may go get my masters or doctorate if i get back on drugs.  ;)

Ray
you ain't kidding here ray... I was a music major and know the grief wel.l  They give you 1/2 a class hour for a class that requires "lab time" of 8 hrs a week, plus the frigging 4 hrs a day in private practice with a piece of plumming hermetically sealed to your lips (I was a trumpet player), and the gigs, and the OTHER band, and the quartet, and then they wonder why you drink all night and sleep through english... sheesh!  That is a tough road to take, no doubt.  Some good times though!

Just because I"m curious....

what did your first rig consist of?
rode nt-5's > behringer mxb1002 > jb3 (I only wanted to do matrix recordings at first)
Then I added a digimod ua5 and an svu-2, then went to 391's, then c-4's then c-4s and c-1s, then mbho's and I started ho'n it up pretty good after that, but mostly on the multitrack rig!  Although I just bought a v2 yesterday!

Matt
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 04:51:38 PM by mmmatt »
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2005, 04:54:45 PM »

Ray
you ain't kidding here ray... I was a music major and know the grief wel.l  They give you 1/2 a class hour for a class that requires "lab time" of 8 hrs a week, plus the frigging 4 hrs a day in private practice with a piece of plumming hermetically sealed to your lips (I was a trumpet player), and the gigs, and the OTHER band, and the quartet, and then they wonder why you drink all night and sleep through english... sheesh!  That is a tough road to take, no doubt.  Some good times though!

Just because I"m curious....

what did your first rig consist of?
rode nt-5's > behringer mxb1002 > jb3 (I only wanted to do matrix recordings at first)
Then I added a digimod ua5 and an svu-2, then went to 391's, then c-4's then c-4s and c-1s, then mbho's and I started ho'n it up pretty good after that!  Just bought a v2 yesterday!

Matt

Nice man, another musician. !!I started out in vocal performance, then switched to music ed. my english minor was tons easier. I think im about to become a oretty big gearslut myself.

heres the final plan: open: mg200(21,27)>oadem148>722

not so much room or stealth: 4022s>sonosax m2>maudio tracker

that should hold me for a while.

good to focus my money on other things other than my guitar collection and books for a while.

BigRay

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2005, 05:02:26 PM »

ah come on...how difficult can it be...I mean Davis is a lawyer :P

that's a pretty good point :P
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com