Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: on printers again... found a bargain at Staples: Canon Pixma 6700D  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Frank in JC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • (formerly Frank M, but that guy forgot his pwd)
In a recent thread I was asking about large format photo printers, but I still have to do some research to do including how much one will cost to own in the long run.  Anyway, I was in Staples this weekend and saw the Canon Pixma 6700D.  It prints only up to legal size, but that's fine.  The hook for me was that it had an instant rebate plus an additional mail-in rebate certificate, making it a $90 printer!   They're obviously profiting in a big way where ink and paper are concerned, but it's still a wise marketing strategy (lose money to make money).  Next they'll throw in an entire printer when you buy ink cartridges.

The quality of the pictures is amazing.  If you need an photo printer with a low first cost, check this one out.  Colors are a bit over-saturated, but that can be tweaked.  I'm guessing they want to dazzle novice users who are taking photos that need some help in that department.  (Like bass in an audio system, the average consumer thinks more is always better.)   A total ink refill runs about $70 and it seems to blow through photo-magenta and yellow twice as fast as the other colors, but I guess that depends on your images to a large degree. 

Favorite generic quote from Archive.org:
"This recording is SICK--it's almost as good as a soundboard!"

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
Re: on printers again... found a bargain at Staples: Canon Pixma 6700D
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:49:17 AM »
it seems to blow through photo-magenta and yellow twice as fast as the other colors, but I guess that depends on your images to a large degree. 

This is a true statement.  I have an older Pixma model & have experienced this.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com