Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722 - anyone running 4G splits?  (Read 7975 times)

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
Re: 722 - anyone running 4G splits?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 02:47:39 PM »
So, in wavelab you can assemble a sequence of files that exceeds 4G and apply changes/resample to that then save the individual tracks?

BTW, ran all night with no errors again at 2G splits.  Running 4G tests now just to prove that is where the problem is, but it looks like 2G splits is the way to go for stability.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline Zee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Knuckle!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 03:14:15 PM »
So, in wavelab you can assemble a sequence of files that exceeds 4G and apply changes/resample to that then save the individual tracks?

I do sets not the whole show at one time sorry I should have cariffied that. So im realy not forsure if I ever hit the 4gig mark.
4022>v2>722
Please dither and resample as you see fit!

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 03:18:47 PM »
whenever I have tried to join tracks and thus create a larger than 2 Gb file in wavelab, it tells me I cant do it....may just be a system issue on my end

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
    • My Recordings
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 04:44:01 PM »

I do sets not the whole show at one time sorry I should have cariffied that. So im realy not forsure if I ever hit the 4gig mark.

It worked the last time I did it (the whole show was about 4.17GB)... I only did track splitting and fades though... Don't see why it wouldn't work for resampling too though...

What I do is:
File > New > Wav
Edit > Insert Audio files > At the End (just need to make sure you put them in the right order)
Add Fades
Add Markers
Auto Split

Its pretty easy... That's why I was concerned about it being ok. The key is you can't save anything until you get to the auto split part. Its the only work around I could find, and actually I think its the easiest way to do it too.

whenever I have tried to join tracks and thus create a larger than 2 Gb file in wavelab, it tells me I cant do it....may just be a system issue on my end

Have you tried it this way yet? I was getting the same errors, but for some reason this works  :P
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 04:53:29 PM by Rick »
Retired Taper

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 06:51:55 PM »
My experience with wavelab is that it will allow me to "join" the files regardless of size. The only time it has issues is if I try to apply gain or dither etc.

I usually just "join" the split tracks and pick a point in the show where I would normally have added a Track split. I cut the track there and paste it in to a new file. Thus creating a new file. I then apply the same amount of gain to each file and track etc
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 07:56:39 PM »
I was originally running 4G splits because CDwave handles the big files and putting back together pieces of a song that spanns the split seemed like a pain in the ass. 

This is where timecode comes in handy. You simply dump the tracks and align things according to the timecode. It's too bad that you have to step up to the 744T for that option. I think it would have come in handy with things like the split.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline wboswell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 08:59:24 AM »
I was originally running 4G splits because CDwave handles the big files and putting back together pieces of a song that spanns the split seemed like a pain in the ass. 

This is where timecode comes in handy. You simply dump the tracks and align things according to the timecode. It's too bad that you have to step up to the 744T for that option. I think it would have come in handy with things like the split.

Wayne

I think the point would still remain that you are putting something back together in a program other than cd wave, which can be a pain in the ass.  Still, I find that the 4 GB split means that I only have to merge files once where if I split it at 2GB, I'm merging several times per show.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com