Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Leegeddy 'bumblebee' silver clad cable review :)  (Read 34308 times)

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Leegeddy 'bumblebee' silver clad cable review :)
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2005, 06:29:48 PM »
Wanted to throw a HUGE shout out to 'leegeddy' for delivering some DAMN FINE cables my way.  He had everything turned around super quick and was easier to deal with than alot of the vendors I have dealt with over the years.  On short notice he made me a pair of 15' right-angle BumbleBee, MiAgi-II or whatever he has decided to name them, a RA power plug for my V3 and a RA AES > RCA.  These cables look great.  I took some pics if anyone wants I can post them.  Marc is a great example of someone doing the community right!

With less than 24 hours to burn in we'll see how they sound for the Black Crowes tomorrow night.  I'll report back Friday on the cable  performance.

OFOTD. 

radioboy1977

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2005, 04:23:29 PM »
guess what i just bought ;D

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2005, 04:24:44 PM »
well if you don't like them just send them over this way. :D
I feel like I am doing an injustice going back to my original cables.  :-\
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

radioboy1977

« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2005, 04:28:44 PM »
well if you don't like them just send them over this way. :D
I feel like I am doing an injustice going back to my original cables.  :-\

you're first in line if i ever decide to sell them ;D

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2005, 05:56:41 PM »
have you heardthem yet jef ???

theyare incrediblecables and the ebst bang for your buck you'll prolly find
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2005, 10:16:09 PM »
just got another pair for interconnects between the m902 and my alesis m1 active mk-ii's
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

radioboy1977

« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2005, 10:26:27 PM »
i think we need to just start a marc kim appreciation thread ;D

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2005, 10:32:16 PM »
apparently you haven't seen the 6 threads devoted to his work in other parts of the board ;)
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2005, 02:44:45 AM »
I have run them a couple of times so far.  Very happy!  Nice deep bass for silver cables.  They are also very thin, which they can be rolled up and placed in a Crown Royal bag.  Takes up little space in my bag.  A great deal on a set of great sounding cables.  Thanks Marc!!  And thanks Bean for the nudge!   ;D

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2005, 07:39:15 PM »
I had my first outing with the "bumblebee" cables last night(antibalas).  WOW!!! These cables rock, i could tell a difference listening to my jb3 in my car and my car sucks for music.  Everything on the stage is super clean, bass is nice and deep.  I can't wait to get these broken in.  For anyone that is thinking about upgrading get these cables.  Oh yeah this was with the TL's, i thought they sounded good before but now i'm blown away.

Thanks again Marc  +T
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline Aaron734

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • One Man Wolf Pack
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2005, 01:02:26 AM »
im not really sure where to post these questions, here, or in the mic forum, but i guess ill just do it here  ??? my leegeddy cables just showed up today  :) and they seem to be pretty sweet, but i have a couple of questions about breakin them in:

when burning the cables in, should i just let them run on phantom power every chance i get? i let them run for about 8 hours today, but i wasnt sending much of a signal through them, does it matter how much gain i send through them or is it simply running power through them that makes the difference?

my next question is really a mic question, will my mics be ok running them for really long periods of time? i never run them for more than a typical show length, will running them for extensive periods of time cause them to get worn out at all?

also, i have a show tomorrow, how do these cables sound when theyre not at all burned in? im guessing they will still smoke my old cables (plain jane mogami cables), right? i read something that its more of a process of getting used to a new sound than anything, does anyone agree with this?

sorry if these questions are not to clear or have been answered elsewhere, thanks in advance,
aaron
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 01:04:40 AM by Aaron734 »
Live Rig:

mk21 / mk22 > KC10 > cmc6 > V3 > Mixpre 6ii

Home Playback:

Vinyl: Rega Planar 3 with Exact 2 MM Cartridge > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 > Focal Aria 926

CD / Stream: Bluesound NODE / NAD C538 > Audioquest Carbon COAX > Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M > Audioquest Red River XLR > > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 >  Focal Aria 926

Office Playback:

NAD C328 > Klipsch RP-400M

Detroit Then, Denver, Now.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2005, 01:11:10 AM »
im not really sure where to post these questions, here, or in the mic forum, but i guess ill just do it here  ??? my leegeddy cables just showed up today  :) and they seem to be pretty sweet, but i have a couple of questions about breakin them in:

when burning the cables in, should i just let them run on phantom power every chance i get? i let them run for about 8 hours today, but i wasnt sending much of a signal through them, does it matter how much gain i send through them or is it simply running power through them that makes the difference?

No as long as you are sending power across the cables.

my next question is really a mic question, will my mics be ok running them for really long periods of time? i never run them for more than a typical show length, will running them for extensive periods of time cause them to get worn out at all?

yes/no

also, i have a show tomorrow, how do these cables sound when theyre not at all burned in? im guessing they will still smoke my old cables (plain jane mogami cables), right? i read something that its more of a process of getting used to a new sound than anything, does anyone agree with this?

The cables sound great new or burned in.  I did a test when I first got my Bumblebee's.  Taped the same passage of a DAT on my home system.  Then put about 10 hours on them. Taped the same sound again and repeated this every 10 hours until I had put 51 hours on the cables.  I could tell some difference between the 0 hour and 51 hour but the difference was subtle.  Not some big in your face difference.  I was able to tell a bigger difference when I threw my old cables on.   

sorry if these questions are not to clear or have been answered elsewhere, thanks in advance,
aaron

Well they were pretty clear to me.   As I am sure someone else will chime in "Trust your ears"  See if you can tell a difference!   +t
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 01:17:55 AM by OFOTD »

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2005, 01:16:33 AM »
great post! +t

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Aaron734

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • One Man Wolf Pack
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2005, 08:18:10 AM »

No as long as you are sending power across the cables.

yes/no

The cables sound great new or burned in.  I did a test when I first got my Bumblebee's.  Taped the same passage of a DAT on my home system.  Then put about 10 hours on them. Taped the same sound again and repeated this every 10 hours until I had put 51 hours on the cables.  I could tell some difference between the 0 hour and 51 hour but the difference was subtle.  Not some big in your face difference.  I was able to tell a bigger difference when I threw my old cables on.   

aaron

Well they were pretty clear to me.   As I am sure someone else will chime in "Trust your ears"  See if you can tell a difference!   +t

thanks ofotd, that helps a lot, +t for good info! and one more +t to leegeddy for the cables!
Live Rig:

mk21 / mk22 > KC10 > cmc6 > V3 > Mixpre 6ii

Home Playback:

Vinyl: Rega Planar 3 with Exact 2 MM Cartridge > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 > Focal Aria 926

CD / Stream: Bluesound NODE / NAD C538 > Audioquest Carbon COAX > Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M > Audioquest Red River XLR > > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 >  Focal Aria 926

Office Playback:

NAD C328 > Klipsch RP-400M

Detroit Then, Denver, Now.

Offline CliffClavin

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Ya know the umbilical cord is 90% potassium..
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2005, 08:37:06 AM »
The reason one wears a wedding ring on the third finger is that  there is supposed to be a vein which goes directly from that finger to the heart—i.e., the seat of love. Also, not everyone wears that wedding ring on the third finger of the LEFT hand. In some traditions, such as the Jewish one, it is worn on the right hand. Also, nuns ("brides of Christ") wear a wedding ring, again on the right hand.

Thats a fact!

-Cliff

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.149 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com