Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: recording under football jersey  (Read 16621 times)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re:recording under football jersey
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2003, 09:13:56 PM »
Be a statue. Only way to go.

impossible. have you ever done it? for the whole show?

sure have....some minor movement is not detectable on most tapes...but yup, relatively still for a whole show...

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2003, 09:15:45 PM »
Porphyry, you can (and will, if YOU put your mind to it) make AUD recordings that blow away SBDs any day of the week. I know I do it, and so do some on this board.

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2003, 09:18:54 PM »
ya oughta hear mine when I take to spontaneous twirling! ;)

My favorite is the swishing effect from  :devilrock:

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2003, 09:25:59 PM »
seriously speaking here.....

When I stealthed (rip old stealth mics :'( ), I always had my decks suspended by the shoulder strap, under my left arm.

You can tell when I level checked, because the entire image would shift to my right mic, and then come back to center a moment later.

this is why I keep my gear that I check the levels on at the center of my waist, so I bear the eyes down, check, and refocus back up...really minor up/down of mics vs. left/right

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2003, 09:27:17 PM »
I did that Friday night. Man, my happy trail area was hurtin'! But you're right, that is the way to go. No audible difference... omnis help in that sense.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2003, 09:30:43 PM »
even with cards Armen....hardly noticeable...

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2003, 09:32:20 PM »
I hear ya!

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2003, 10:12:29 PM »
Moke... you are hard core, that's all there is to it.

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2003, 04:32:39 AM »
it's gonna be sad to see the remote on the MD go when the M1 arrives, minor set back for a huge gain ;D

Offline porphyry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Grimshaw- the World's First Bootlegger
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2003, 06:56:44 AM »
i can't physically keep still when my favourite fucking band in the whole world is playing. i can't do it. i have to at least move my head up and down. i just feel so empty and pathetic standing there and not moving. i must have natural rhthym (sic?) or somefink. I CAN'T DO IT! seriously.

but more than that, there's usually people bumping into you, people who need you to move so they can walk past you... at the last gig i was at, at least five people all tried to push past me cos i was standing in front of the sound engineer's barrier and they all thought they could somehow walk through there to get out of the venue (stupid drug-addled goths... >:() and you can really hear the difference when i move, even just a foot in one direction... i hate it, it ruins the whole song.  >:(

and stealthing with mini mics is the only way for me to go cos i can't afford stands and big mics and all that. i still like the sound i get from my mini mics and my minidiscs, i just wish i could get a sweet recording and still dance like a fucking maniac.  :)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2003, 08:30:46 AM »
this is probably going to come out badly, but I will try anyway....maybe stealthing isn't for you...it definitely isn't for everyone.  There are times when I do it, I am sitting there thinking the whole time that I will never do it again...that is till I get home and get back to my senses.  But seriously, we all spend alot of money on tickets, traveling, etc...and if your not having fun at the show, taping should be a last priority...go have a good time.  If it ever gets to the point where I cannot have fun at a show I am taping, I will be done stealthing...simple as that.  

Offline seekup40

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2003, 10:40:01 AM »
this is probably going to come out badly, but I will try anyway....maybe stealthing isn't for you...it definitely isn't for everyone.  There are times when I do it, I am sitting there thinking the whole time that I will never do it again...that is till I get home and get back to my senses.  But seriously, we all spend alot of money on tickets, traveling, etc...and if your not having fun at the show, taping should be a last priority...go have a good time.  If it ever gets to the point where I cannot have fun at a show I am taping, I will be done stealthing...simple as that.  
exactly, i feel like something is missing when i go to a show and dont have something to convert when i get home, this past summer i was all set to go and tape, but they my friends told me the place now had metal dectors so i just said oh well, ill just enjoy it, but then i got pissed because i knew i wouldnt have the recording of the show after and didnt enjoy it very much, so when i go to a show, i just have to tape

Offline porphyry

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2003, 10:45:59 AM »
i love stealthing and i love going nuts. it really causes me a lot of grief! when i'm standing at a gig watching my favourite band and i start thinking "ooh, i can't wait til i get home and listen to this... i hope its good.... i wonder if i got the levels right.... i should probably lift my right shoulder a bit.... no thats too high... i wonder if that'll show up on the recording..." and then i catch myself and think "FUCK! i should be concentrating on the music and enjoying myself, not worrying about all this shit!"

obviously if you want to tape then you have to make compromises, but it's pretty fucking awful, isn't it?

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2003, 10:50:43 AM »
obviously if you want to tape then you have to make compromises, but it's pretty fucking awful, isn't it?

maybe I am in the minority...but it doesnt seem like that big of a compromise to me

Offline porphyry

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2003, 11:03:08 AM »
maybe i'm in the minority... maybe everyone else doesn't consider it that much of a compromise/sacrifice.  ???

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com